Humans and Muppets with good chemistry

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Have you noticed throughout the years there are certain pairs of humans and muppets who have totally awsome chemistry on screen together, and really tend to work well together. There are a few pairs Iv'e noticed this with.

Luis and The Amazing Mumford: They seemed to appear together a lot, especially in the early 90's. I remember Luis always getting annoyed with his magic tricks and shouting "MUMFORD!" He really seemed to get to Luis more than any other Muppet, (even Oscar) and Luis seemed to be the most frustrated with Mumford's tricks.

Telly and Gina always seemed to fit well together. She was always good at calming Telly down and assuring him that things would be okay. She seemed to be the best at dealing with Telly's worries.

Gordon and Snuffy (1985-present) for some reason, I always thought they worked very well together and made a really good team. I remember an episode from 1985, during the first week the adults knew Snuffy, and Gordon went to Snuffy's cave for a sleep over, and Gordon was reluctant about it the whole time, but it was hilarious to see his reactions to the caveandthe big Snuffleupagus materials.

Any others?

BEAR

Reaction score
You are right. I have noticed some as well. I agree with you about Gina and Telly, especially after seeing the hurricane episodes. She is a great "big sister" figure on the show just like how Maria was in the earlier years.

Big Bird seems to have good chemistry with just about everyone. Of course his strongest bonds were with Mr. Hooper, Maria and Gordon. Oscar does too, more notably with Maria and Bob. I think those two were his favorite people to annoy.

Alan seems to get along great with Baby Bear. Baby Bear seems to hang out around Hooper's Store a lot. I think he works well with Telly and Elmo too.

Gordon works with Elmo, Telly and Big Bird very well.

Interesting topic. Hmmm...I'll try to think of more examples.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Kermit and Jenny

Miss Piggy and Gregory Hines

andy and randy and John goodman

Sandy Duncan with purple dancers

Jim and any Muppet

BEAR

Reaction score
Another thing to note since we are now getting into Muppet Show guest stars and things, John Denver never fails to amaze me whenever he appears with the Muppets. He has done numerous specials with them and he relates to all of them like they are old friends. He is so natural and genuine with them. A perfect example of this would be the scene in Rocky Mountain Holiday where he talks to Robin and sings "Catch Another Butterfly". So wonderfully tender and true just like Henson's charactes. They were a perfect match. John Denver loved the Muppets and was a very close friend of Jim Henson's.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Kermit and Jenny

Miss Piggy and Gregory Hines

andy and randy and John goodman

Sandy Duncan with purple dancers

Jim and any Muppet
were talking about SS muppets with the SS human cast.

BEAR

Reaction score
After my post regarding John Denver, it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask you all for a while. Did John Denver ever appear with the Sesame Street Muppets? I would think he would, especially since he was with the other Muppet gang so often. What a great role model for kids to know. He was wonderful!:smile:

superfan

Reaction score
Linda and Barkley

Mr.Hooper got along with all the muppets. Ernie and Bert on Christmas Eve on SS with him was a nice example.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like any muppet tends to have great chemistry with Maria, especially Oscar. Maybe that's why TV Guide named her "Sesame's Sweetheart".

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
It seems like any muppet tends to have great chemistry with Maria, especially Oscar. Maybe that's why TV Guide named her "Sesame's Sweetheart".
When was this? I would love to read the article. It is true though. I think part of it is due to the fact that she basically grew up on the show. She practically still a kid when she began and now she is in her mid 50s. She is the Sesame Sweetheart. Everyone loves Maria. It kind of seems like she really took off when she joined the cast. Maria started to become more and more central then Susan or Bob. I wonder why Maria wasn't really used for Elmopalooza. I was surprised she wasn't part of that. The human cast for that special was Bob, Susan, Gordon, Gina and Mr. Hanford. Kind of a weird mix if you ask me.