Humans and Muppets with good chemistry

Ziffel

Reaction score
Sounds pretty funny :smile: I never heard about that. I imagine bloopers can happen with adults on kids shows as well. I did see a couple of bloopers one time from the old Captain Kangaroo show. One had Mr. Moose talking with one of the adults and the adult couldn't help laughing and Mr. Moose says, "What the h e double hockey sticks is so funny?" ! Jim Henson and Frank Oz, etc. must have joked around and made the muppets say something like that at one time or another, eh?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The frog pooped on Jim's head, and they just kept on filming.One time Steve messed up Erine's lines and made Erine go "aah crap", that was pretty funny.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
The frog pooped on Jim's head, and they just kept on filming.One time Steve messed up Erine's lines and made Erine go "aah crap", that was pretty funny.

Do you mean Ernie? Yeah, I remember that. I also remember the clip on the Sesame Street Biography that they showed of the Bert and Ernie scene where Telly comes over to play with Ernie and Bert leaves. And they were saying how awkward it was because Telly and Bert basically walk right by each other but never acknowledge each other. So they were gonna try it again and Martin Robinson says that he will have Telly say "hi" to Bert. So they do the scene:

Bert: Okay, Ernie. See you later. (starts to exit)
Telly: (entering) Hey, Bert! (to Ernie) He never talks to me.

WHat a great adlib, and true too.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do you mean Ernie? Yeah, I remember that. I also remember the clip on the Sesame Street Biography that they showed of the Bert and Ernie scene where Telly comes over to play with Ernie and Bert leaves. And they were saying how awkward it was because Telly and Bert basically walk right by each other but never acknowledge each other. So they were gonna try it again and Martin Robinson says that he will have Telly say "hi" to Bert. So they do the scene:

That rings a slightly familiar bell. Interesting. It almost seems kind of strange to see unresolved tension between Sesame Street characters (unless it's Oscar, of course). I wonder why Bert wouldn't say hello to Telly; he said hello to Kermit on the subway and Bert doesn't usually talk to him either.

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
That rings a slightly familiar bell. Interesting. It almost seems kind of strange to see unresolved tension between Sesame Street characters (unless it's Oscar, of course). I wonder why Bert wouldn't say hello to Telly; he said hello to Kermit on the subway and Bert doesn't usually talk to him either.

It was Martin Robinson's own joke that he adlibbed because of Bert's awkward exchange with him. It wasn't originally scripted for them to say hello in passing until after they realized how weird it was that they were walking right by each other.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:

That part was very funny.:zany:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I don't know, But it was Frank as Bert on the subway sketch, and he's really good at details like that.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
It was Martin Robinson's own joke that he adlibbed because of Bert's awkward exchange with him. It wasn't originally scripted for them to say hello in passing until after they realized how weird it was that they were walking right by each other.

It just seems like if they were going to re-shoot the scene because they thought it was awkward, they would have rewritten it for both of the characters to say hello to one another. Or was Telly's line simply dubbed in over the original take? Again, I may have seen it once, but I have little recollection of it.

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
It just seems like if they were going to re-shoot the scene because they thought it was awkward, they would have rewritten it for both of the characters to say hello to one another. Or was Telly's line simply dubbed in over the original take? Again, I may have seen it once, but I have little recollection of it.
Well, they probably did it again. I never said they aired that take.

jimmyk

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Have you noticed throughout the years there are certain pairs of humans and muppets who have totally awsome chemistry on screen together, and really tend to work well together. There are a few pairs Iv'e noticed this with.

Luis and The Amazing Mumford: They seemed to appear together a lot, especially in the early 90's. I remember Luis always getting annoyed with his magic tricks and shouting "MUMFORD!" He really seemed to get to Luis more than any other Muppet, (even Oscar) and Luis seemed to be the most frustrated with Mumford's tricks.

Telly and Gina always seemed to fit well together. She was always good at calming Telly down and assuring him that things would be okay. She seemed to be the best at dealing with Telly's worries.

Gordon and Snuffy (1985-present) for some reason, I always thought they worked very well together and made a really good team. I remember an episode from 1985, during the first week the adults knew Snuffy, and Gordon went to Snuffy's cave for a sleep over, and Gordon was reluctant about it the whole time, but it was hilarious to see his reactions to the caveandthe big Snuffleupagus materials.

Any others?
hea with mumford and luis the reason he got annoyed is because maria got involved with the tricks like the time when mumford wanted to turn a egg into a chicken mumford turned maria into a chicken luis didnt notice it because maria was behind luis