homies

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, Beau, when did you start home schooling?

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
*sighs* I get my permit in *counts months* November.........and when I turn 16...I *plan* on buying my dad's 1996 Dodge Dakota......I just want a truck...but anything that gets me from point a to point b is fine with me

Sarah
Is that when you turn 16? Or, do they let you get your permit at 15 in Oklahoma? If so, dang it! Why didn't we move there last year??? :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Didn't realizre we had such a big # of homeschoolers on here.

(Yeah, me, too.)

I am EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD, and STILL cannot drive. This upsets me a great deal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've been home schooled all my life, are you home schooled too Scooter?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wasn't home schooled, but I ran home from school aLOT!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Foz, I would have done the same thing. :smile:

Originally posted by Beauregard
I've been home schooled all my life, are you home schooled too Scooter?
Yup. I've been home schooled since 2nd grade.

Manda, I didn't know you were home schooled either.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

Is that when you turn 16? Or, do they let you get your permit at 15 in Oklahoma? If so, dang it! Why didn't we move there last year??? :smile:
you get your permit at 15 1/2....were you thinking of moving to OK???? if so.....WHY?

Sarah

man, I'm not home-schooled:embarrassed: but I'm really not popular, so if I was home-schooled, no one would notice! haha

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Didn't realizre we had such a big # of homeschoolers on here.

(Yeah, me, too.)

I am EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD, and STILL cannot drive. This upsets me a great deal.
Don't worry about not being able to drive, im nearly 18 and cannot drive yet, I want to but im a bit shy. I dont have much confidence, Im not popular so I dont get invited to parties and stuff like that, I love being with people and that upsets me a great deal because I find it hard to talk to people sometimes as im shy and they dont make it any easier for me, they make it harder, they dont want anything to do with me.

I have quite an antisocial life at times but dont want it to be this way, it will change soon though when I can go out to clubs and stuff and legally consume alcohol (not too much) im not a big fan of alcohol anyway. I will hopefully be more social then!

Maybe I could even have the confidence to get a girlfriend!

from, Paul
:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
PAUL!

Scratch all that, guy. Alcohol will lead to more and more and it will RUIN YOUR LIFE, especially your social life. It isn't like in the movies where everyone likes the drunk. Trust me, I've been around it all my life.

Most recently my best friend ended up in the hospital from alcohol poisoning because "it's okay, I can handle it."

Rrriiiiggghhhhttt...

Just get in peoples' faces more, be friendly, talk to them, if not your peers the older people (because maybe mentally you're more mature than your peers). Start dressing really nice and hanging around the upper-class people. Watch their movements, what they talk about, how they talk, then mimic their actions and conversation. Go to big events, not to parties, and meet people. Swap names and numbers with folks you find have something in common by means of conversation.

That's how I get into all the big-society stuff.

Well, my mule puppet helped.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I agree with Kev. I mean, it is really hard for me to step out and talk to people. I can hardly ever do it. I'm not the ost open of people, and extremely shy. But, that is the way to go. One thing that I do, that Kevin mentioned, is immitate people you respect and admire. I've found myself trying to take on the best qualities of all my friends, and then looking towards people I don't know, and taking on their best qualities. I've read so much about Jim Henson and what type of a person he was, and I've tried immitating that. He was a really nice person, and that's what people like. So, that helps alot in making friends. People in the public eye, people you know- anyone can be your role model. And that's a great way to reach out toward people. With what Foz was saying, he hit the nail right on the head. Getting out there into social gatherings and big events and such can be a great way to meet people.

Anyway, I probably make very little sense, so, as far as this is concerned, I'm going to chut up for now... :wink:

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
you get your permit at 15 1/2....were you thinking of moving to OK???? if so.....WHY?

Sarah

man, I'm not home-schooled:embarrassed: but I'm really not popular, so if I was home-schooled, no one would notice! haha
I have no desire to move to OK. I was kidding.

Hey, you seem to be pretty popular here. Though, I suppose many of us aren't too popular...:smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah it seems like all of us here are a lot more comfortable than we are off of MC......I try to be friendly, but I live in a small town that is run by cliques, and their idea of fun is backstabbing each other:eek:

Sarah

that's why one of my best friends was my tech teacher......I'm fairly popular with all my teachers.......

Supercoot,

you and the rest of the world have no desire to move to the middle of tornado alley! well except for storm chasers...they like it around here! haha