Here's a depressing thought....

TSSD

Reaction score
You know if you're in one of them and run out of gas or stall or whatever, you're done.:concern: So, it's just as well we don't have them.
Oh wow, I don't think anyones ever thought of that before...:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep- I'm surprised the Rifftrax guys or MAD or somebody hasn't done that parody yet- Transformers: The Realistic Movie.
The Autobots and Decepticons land to do battle on Earth.
All humans are dead within days.
The Autobots win. Transformers- Transform and Roll out!
(Classic "transforming" sound effects. And then the classic transition music.)
The End.
:crazy::big_grin::eek:
Simpsons did it... That's kinda where I got the idea.

As a wee lad, when the year 2000 sounded SO far away, and futuristic, I thought we'd have flying cars by then. Well, now I'm glad we don't. You know if you're in one of them and run out of gas or stall or whatever, you're done. So, it's just as well we don't have them.
That too, but I'm sure they'd have a fail safe on there... sort of a back up tank or something... but even then, there's a LOT of logistics that keep it from happening. There would be TOO much chaos once we actually got into the air. Plus, those things would cost a FORTUNE. Not just to purchase... but to maintain. I don't mind not having a flying car... There have been strides in robotics, but nothing on the Rosie/Bender/C3-PO front.

Still, everything else is just in the field of entertainment.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know what else is a depressing thought? I've never seen any Back to the Futures -_-

I kinda just realized that...

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That is depressing, Sgt. Floyd- you should rectify that and pick up the 25th. anniversary rerelease DVD and/or Blu-Ray set of the Back to the Future movies and check them out! As Marty would say, "Whoa! This is heavy, Doc.":big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is depressing, Sgt. Floyd- you should rectify that and pick up the 25th. anniversary rerelease DVD and/or Blu-Ray set of the Back to the Future movies and check them out! As Marty would say, "Whoa! This is heavy, Doc.":big_grin:
and they STILL refuse to release the cartoon on DVD :grouchy: Even one version of the Bill and Ted box set came with ONE episode... heck, Ace Ventura came with a couple. It's a real shame. Sure, it's not the greatest thing out there... but the fact they managed to get a Tannen in every time period and even reference the movie to some extent (I recall seeing an episode that took place in the future that mentioned the McFly/Tannen rivalry caused by Marty's actions in the first movie making the McFlys pretty well to do, ruining Biff's life)... not to mention how it launched the career of Bill Nye the Science Guy is important enough to get a DVD release.

Sigh... that said, I'm ticked Sony would never consider a Men in Black series DVD set in the near or far future.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I thought I had heard rumblings that the Back to the Future cartoon was supposed to be coming to DVD some time ago...but obviously it never happened. I do have some of the episodes released on VHS- but a complete series DVD set would definitely be very nice. Particularly for me, being a BTTF fan and already owning all the comic books.:smile: