Here's a depressing thought....

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Of course, you should also take into account that our whole numbering system has been off for quite a while ever since that Dionysius Exiguus guy (back in 525 AD) came up with the B.C. (Before Christ) and A.D. (Anno Domini- "In the year of our Lord") calendar system way back when. So it's also tricky to say if this year is truly 2010 or not.
(Here's this for further reading- http://www.history-magazine.com/gregoriancal.html)
But honestly- I don't really care about Mayan predictions.
I trust what Jesus said in Acts 1:7 - (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 1:7&version=NIV)
and Matthew 24:36 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 24:36&version=NIV)
It is not for us to know. Only God the Father knows the times and dates of things and they will all happen according to His plan and timetable. So I don't worry about it. I just try to focus on following Jesus. (see John 21:22- I love this verse- http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 21:22&version=NIV)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
But regarding the Back to the Future Part II predictions- it would be cool to have a hoverboard and flying cars by 2015 and yeah- I guess we'll be there in 5 years. But then we've also been living in the time of the Transformers: The Movie- (2005).
So where are those robots in disguise? Well, I guess they technically are aliens from Cybertron so we'll have to wait for the alien landings first.:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It is not for us to know. Only God the Father knows the times and dates of things and they will all happen according to His plan and timetable.
Well, the reason I don't fool too much with the whole "end thing" is that it's silly. It's like I told a person who was about to be put on hospice, "It technically doesn't matter what the doctors say you have left. You could live ten more years or get smacked by a truck tomorrow." I consider apocalypse-mongering "global murder-suicide". In other words, people dislike their lives so much, that they want everyone else to die just so they won't feel so lonely in their depression. It's actually quite sad.

So where are those robots in disguise?
Seriously, you're walking right into this one ... psst ... they're in disguise. O_O

LOL.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, so that explains it! Wait- wasn't there a large blue and red semi truck parked here just a moment ago?:embarrassed::batty::big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, well, over the last couple of years, I've been seeing a LOT of vehicles with Autobot and Decepticon logos on the windows.... :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I did actually see an Autobot logo on a car the other day. That's funny- and cool.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then we've also been living in the time of the Transformers: The Movie- (2005).
So where are those robots in disguise? Well, I guess they technically are aliens from Cybertron so we'll have to wait for the alien landings first.:smile:
Mark my words. if we DID have alien robots trying to fight one of their battles on Earth we WILL see the apocalypse! Mayan Calendar nothing... one of their super lasers? Take out an entire city. I'm SURE glad we don't have any Sayans either.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yep- I'm surprised the Rifftrax guys or MAD or somebody hasn't done that parody yet- Transformers: The Realistic Movie.
The Autobots and Decepticons land to do battle on Earth.
All humans are dead within days.
The Autobots win. Transformers- Transform and Roll out!
(Classic "transforming" sound effects. And then the classic transition music.)
The End.
:crazy::big_grin::eek:

Yorick

Reaction score
I dunno who said it, but Flying cars are a logistics impossibility. Not so much making them, but the zoning and air traffic regulations would keep these things from ever happening. Ever since I heard that, I just decided to let them go.
When I was little and the year 2000 sounded so far away and futuristic, I thought we'd have flying cars by then. Well, now I'm glad we don't. You know if you're in one of them and run out of gas or stall or whatever, you're done.:concern: So, it's just as well we don't have them.