Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
yeah i thought that the 2nd movie was better than the 1st.

the books get longer with each edition. i think that the 4th was around 440 pages long. anyone can correct me if they know. its been so long since i read it.

to the people who read the 4th book (Goblet of Fire), what did you think about it? i thought it was "darker" than the others, and it left on a sadder note. it was kinda depressing to me. what do you guys think?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The fourth book was around 740 pages. Pretty hefty! And I hear this next one is going to be half again as long as that. I agree that it was the darkest of the four, and I wouldn't be surprised if number five gets even darker. Rowling seemed to hint at that in some of her interviews.
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
call me a psychotic freak, but she writes the dark novels well! I think she is more of a drama writer than comedic (but there are one or two lines that do make me laugh out loud in the series) but there are other writers that write comedic drama.....(Lemony Snicket:flirt: ) and she is a Dramatic Comedian, if that makes sense

Sarah

Beakie

Reaction score
I've only read the first book and haven't seen the movies :cry:

740 pages.. I read really slow so that would probably take years for me to read :eek:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
i thought book four was a wee bit dark. but the teary-eyed part for me was when harry and lord voldemort "crossed" wands and he saw the ghosts of his mom and then his dad.:cry:

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
yeah, any part that brings up his mom and dad brings tears to my eyes.

i thought it was realy sad when that guy had to die at the end of the book, i cant remember his name. you know, the one that was in the compotitions w/Harry and was from Hoggwarts. and when his ghost came back, i almost cried. almost b/c it wast the most teary eyed moment, but close.

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
you mean Cedric? Cedric Diggory. yep. that was sad.

any ideas on who is going to die in book 5? Rowling had hinted that someone "a fan of harrys" would die

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Green Gelfling
any ideas on who is going to die in book 5? Rowling had hinted that someone "a fan of harrys" would die
Did you ever read those rumors that it would be Ron? I just don't believe that she would do that with two books left. Maybe it's Colin Creevy(sp?). He was about as big a fan as they come!

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
i thought for a little while it would be Colin too. But as we all know Rowling likes to throw curveballs and such into the plots. Colin is a bit obvious to be the one. What about Hagrid, or Dumbledore ("as long as Dumbledore is here, you can't be touched")?

another one thats being thrown around the HP boards is Mrs. Weasley. apparently Rowlings own mother died when she was young and this may be reflected in the story.

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i dont know who it will be, but one thing you can always count on. it will be very unexpected, and very surprising.