Grover on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" this Monday

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I thought it was awesome. Grover stole the show. He was way more funny and entertaining than Tim Daly. I laughed so hard when he told Tim that Super Grover would be out in the parking lot waiting for him after he insulted Sesame Street. I agree that the band sucked and Grover should have got more air time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
I thought it was awesome. Grover stole the show. He was way more funny and entertaining than Tim Daly. I laughed so hard when he told Tim that Super Grover would be out in the parking lot waiting for him after he insulted Sesame Street. I agree that the band sucked and Grover should have got more air time.
I agree. That was good. I was kind of disappointed though when Grover was shown at the end and he didn't say anything. It seems like Eric left and they just kept the puppet there. I also liked the Kermit the Frog reference. I was worried people might have forgotten about him being on Sesame Street. Lol.

Katzi428

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
Oh yeah....SO true! :big_grin:
I needed to get up early today,but it was worth staying up & seeing lovable furry old Grover :smile:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
His entrance rocked too where they had the big curtain open and the spotlight. It was an entrance worthy of him.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yay! I taped it and watched it this afternoon. It was so funny! That Tim Daly guy made me mad though (what's not to like about Sesame Street?). It was neat because you couldn't even tell that a pupetteer was controling Grover. I was trying to figure out where they were hiding. ^_^ But I gave up. :stick_out_tongue: It was so fun to watch!! :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes I also taped it last night and watched it late this afternoon. A very fun interview. Liked how Grover defended Oscar and Cookie Monster when Kimmel digged at them a bit. Way to show great SS camaraderie Grover! Also nice that he said Kermit was probably his closest friend of all the many friends of his on SS, seeing as how he probably did more skits with Kermit than any of the others.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, so true. Hey, anyone know who performed him? I'm certainly not an expert on these things but to me it sounded like it would have been Frank Oz. Wouldn't that have been cool? From what I can tell on his imdb work profile thingamabob, he hasn't really done Sesame street in a few years now.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Yay! I taped it and watched it this afternoon. It was so funny! That Tim Daly guy made me mad though (what's not to like about Sesame Street?). It was neat because you couldn't even tell that a pupetteer was controling Grover. I was trying to figure out where they were hiding. ^_^ But I gave up. :stick_out_tongue: It was so fun to watch!! :smile:
I was wondering that myself how they did all that. I was really curious before he came out how they would show him. When he was walking out you couldn't see below his waist. I wonder how the live audience saw him.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm thinking that it was just like how Kermit was on Jimmy too. The live audience saw the puppeteer doing Grover. I know since thats how Kermit was done when he was on Jimmy Kimmel. Oh and it was Eric who did Grover.