Fellow Church People

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Europe does have the reputation of not being particularly religious, though of course there are always exceptions.

Well, it is true that we have minds and consciousness, and they are very important. But our own science, as useful as it is, can't explain WHY we have them, why we need to exist at all. That's where faith comes in.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention, I just watched the 1977 film Jesus of Nazareth. I'd never seen it before, but it was really good. The Gospel became a living, breathing experience. It's sort of funny to watch now with everyone having English accents etc. hehe. But I'd still recommend it. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I bet it's greatly moving indeed heralde. Just like any Movie about Jesus is. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah. Personally, while I thought The Passion was a good film, I enjoyed this one more. I just personally enjoy seeing more of the whole story, with Jesus as a person talking with his followers. Plus it includes the actual ressurection. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The Passion does imply the resurrection heralde. But I suppose you mean this other film depicts all the encounters the resurrected Lord had with people maybe even leading up to His ascension into Heaven.

Personally while I truly adore the Passion I do wish Mel Gibson had included just a little more emphasis upon the Resurrection at least.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, no I didn't think The Passion didn't imply the resurrection. I just wanted to see it all in a film.

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I havn't seen the passion but my family did. They said it didn't include some important bits about the ressurection.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Basically they show Jesus graveclothes slowly collapsing as if he's suddenly vanished leaving them empty and the camera cuts to a shot of Jesus standing there apparently naked with big holes in his hands from the nails. Then he moves out of camera focus walking straight ahead and the credits roll. A disappointingly brief resurrection closure but at least to Mr.Gibson's credit he didn't just close the film with absolutely no resurrection at all.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right yeah I mean that's what some people complained about, that The Passion was all about the death and not enough about the life afterward, and both aspects are equally important. I think Gibson was trying to emphasis the sacrifice and the understanding of what Jesus was willing to do for us, which is great. But then you have to present why he did it, to conquer death and show life will never really end. That's what I like about the whole tale. It's not just about the heroic death of a valiant person, end of story (like so many stories are). It's also about the triumph over it all.

On the other hand, they did say he was making a sequel. Maybe that's where it will be.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That would be very interesting if he did make a sequel. I wonder if it would cover at least part of the Book of Acts?