Ernie has moved

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Well (if you ask me) if they were going to use another character to talk with the kids it should have been the Count. It only makes sense. The Count was only there briefly in the beginning and hardly did anything. He would have been great at finding out the answers to the Santa mystery. I guess it could have also been Cookie Monster, but he was a little preoccupied with writing to Santa Claus himself. So my vote would be the Count and thats it.
Cookie Monster seemed to know Santa's phone number. So, if he had gotten involved, all he would have had to do was give the number to Big Bird or the kids so they could call and ask the chimney question.

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I meant that it might have been out of place for Guy Smiley to have been interracting with some kids. it is rare for Guy Smiley to be in a scene where he isn't hosting a game show.
In fact, I never really thought that Guy Smiley actually lived on the street. On his game shows, they'd always introduce familiar characters as "Cookie Monster from Sesame Street" or "Grover from Sesame Street", implying that Guy Smiley's game show (and probably Guy Smiley too) was in in a different area.

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
In fact, I never really thought that Guy Smiley actually lived on the street. On his game shows, they'd always introduce familiar characters as "Cookie Monster from Sesame Street" or "Grover from Sesame Street", implying that Guy Smiley's game show (and probably Guy Smiley too) was in in a different area.
Good point. There were a few characters that didn't actually live on Sesame Street as well. The Count being one of them. He had a castle in Transylvania. Boy, that's quite a commute. No wonder we don't see him as often anymore. I believe Mumford has a castle somewhere too. Sherlock Hemlock probably didn't live on Sesame Street either. Snuffy lives in a cave somewhere aound town as does Baby Bear's family (only in a cottage). I think Papa Bear only goes to work on Sesame Street. Those are ones that we definitely know don't actually live on the street.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Good point. There were a few characters that didn't actually live on Sesame Street as well. The Count being one of them. He had a castle in Transylvania. Boy, that's quite a commute. No wonder we don't see him as often anymore. I believe Mumford has a castle somewhere too. Sherlock Hemlock probably didn't live on Sesame Street either. Snuffy lives in a cave somewhere aound town as does Baby Bear's family (only in a cottage). I think Papa Bear only goes to work on Sesame Street. Those are ones that we definitely know don't actually live on the street.
I think the Count's castle is actually supposed to be on the street. When Big Bird and Snuffy had a race, they said that they were to go past the Count's castle. Also, the Count makes references to "Old Transylvania" when he's in his castle and he once said that when he lived in Transylvania, they played baseball with real bats. So, I think his current castle is supposed to be right there on the street (a highly unlikely scenario in real life, I know).

According to one Sesame Street storybook, Mumford's castle is right next door to the Count's castle (that's why he stole the Count's thunder), but I don't think that was ever mentioned on the show.

Isn't Snuffy's cave supposed to be on the street too? I don't know about Baby Bear or Sherlock.

A handful of characters that definitely didn't live on the street were those from Around The Corner because they were, well, around the corner. LOL

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I think the Count's castle is actually supposed to be on the street. When Big Bird and Snuffy had a race, they said that they were to go past the Count's castle. Also, the Count makes references to "Old Transylvania" when he's in his castle and he once said that when he lived in Transylvania, they played baseball with real bats. So, I think his current castle is supposed to be right there on the street (a highly unlikely scenario in real life, I know).

According to one Sesame Street storybook, Mumford's castle is right next door to the Count's castle (that's why he stole the Count's thunder), but I don't think that was ever mentioned on the show.

Isn't Snuffy's cave supposed to be on the street too? I don't know about Baby Bear or Sherlock.

A handful of characters that definitely didn't live on the street were those from Around The Corner because they were, well, around the corner. LOL

Thats so funny because I never actually thought of "Around the Corner" being off the street. I just assumed it was some kind of back alley area. Maybe it is a separate street.
Also, I know the book you are referring to with Count and Mumford. I have it too, which is why I thought Mumford also lived in a castle somewhere else.
I think the Bear family really does live somewhere else because isn't it mentioned that Papa Bear commutes to work on Sesame Street? Maybe I am confused.
Sherlock Hemlock I just figured lived in London.
Well, we do know that Forgetful Jones lives on a ranch out west, not on Sesame Street at all.

Xerus

Reaction score
GeeBee said:

I think Snuffy's cave is somewhere hidden in a green field, where the adults don't ever go. Snuffy once gave Big Bird a map to his home.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Snuffy's cave is in the park near Sesame Street as I recall.

I also thought the Count's Castle was further out away from SS, because in the long-shots of it, they show the castle towering above a bunch of trees. SS is in the middle of the city, so I don't think there would be a bunch of trees.

Count's castle might be on the far side of the park, though?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I think Snuffy's cave is somewhere hidden in a green field, where the adults don't ever go. Snuffy once gave Big Bird a map to his home.
Did Snuffy give Big Bird that map before or after the adults learned that he was real? Also, I know that Gordon has been in Snuffy's cave before.

Xerus

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Did Snuffy give Big Bird that map before or after the adults learned that he was real? Also, I know that Gordon has been in Snuffy's cave before.
It was before the adults knew he was real. They thought that Big Bird had drawn that map himself.

Later on, Big Bird finally arrived at Snuffy's cave and he met Snuffy's Mom. She was surprised to see Big Bird for she always thought Big Bird was Snuffy's imaginary friend. Then Big Bird got to see the amazing things in Snuffy's cave. Like a waterfall where they could wash their wings and Snuffle before dinner. And they had a dinner of spaghetti with cabbage sauce. And when they went to sleep, Big Bird learns that Snuffy sleeps with his Snuffle lying on a tiny pillow.

Later, the adults found out that Big Bird wasn't in his nest all night and the next day, they demanded that Big Bird tell them where he was all night. Big Bird explained he was spending the night at Snuffy's cave and his Mom gave Big Bird a giant cookie to take home with him. The adults became shocked when they saw Big Bird pull in a wagon with a huge cookie even bigger than them.