Ernie has moved

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I think what happened on Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, was either a mistake, or just a way to make things conienient. Kermit was sitting by Ernie and Bert's window and Jim performed both Ernie and Kermit, so he probably wasn't able to be over there as both charachters in the same take. Mabye instead of putting :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: up there, they should have put Herry Monster and Gladys. It wouldv'e been a good way to include them in this special, even if it would be a brief cameo like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, at the end there, they were in Bob's appartment for some reason, but I do believe that was there for convenience. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Ernie and Bert have always lived in the basement of 123, even though outside their windows say otherwise.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I think what happened on Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, was either a mistake, or just a way to make things conienient. Kermit was sitting by Ernie and Bert's window and Jim performed both Ernie and Kermit, so he probably wasn't able to be over there as both charachters in the same take. Mabye instead of putting :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: up there, they should have put Herry Monster and Gladys. It wouldv'e been a good way to include them in this special, even if it would be a brief cameo like that.

I dunno about Herry Monster. Maybe Grover since he was such a big part of the special but only appeared in the kid talks. They should have put him up there. Obviously Cookie Monster was busy scarfing down a Christmas tree in Gordon and Susan's apartment. i was wondering today why they didn't use Count more than they did. He was only in the beginning during the skating as a full walk around costume and then as a regular puppet during parts of "True Blue Miracle". Its a shame he didn't have more part in it. Even if he was just kind of in the background on the street. Something!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sure Cookie Monster loves Chrismas Trees, but of corse, there no comparison to cookies.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I'm sure Cookie Monster loves Chrismas Trees, but of corse, there no comparison to cookies.
No, he really was in Gordon's apartment eating the Christmas tree while that final street scene with everyone else was going on. Remember at the very end, Gordon and Susan go back inside to find a full Cookie Monster on the floor next to needleless tree.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
BEAR said:
i was wondering today why they didn't use Count more than they did. He was only in the beginning during the skating as a full walk around costume and then as a regular puppet during parts of "True Blue Miracle". Its a shame he didn't have more part in it. Even if he was just kind of in the background on the street. Something!
Im not sure about this but it could have been that Jerry Nelson wasn't able to spend much time working on this special. He performed Snuffy for one scene, and the only speaking lines the Count really had was during the skating party when he appeared as a big Muppet, so those lines were most likely dubbed. I'm not sure about this, but it is possible Jerry wasn't able to do much on here.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Im not sure about this but it could have been that Jerry Nelson wasn't able to spend much time working on this special. He performed Snuffy for one scene, and the only speaking lines the Count really had was during the skating party when he appeared as a big Muppet, so those lines were most likely dubbed. I'm not sure about this, but it is possible Jerry wasn't able to do much on here.

That actually makes a lot of sense. We can probably just say for now that that was the case.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Kermit was sitting by Ernie and Bert's window and Jim performed both Ernie and Kermit, so he probably wasn't able to be over there as both charachters in the same take.
We didn't really hear Kermit talk in that scene, so Ernie and Bert could have been there with Kermit. Of course, I think it would have been hard to show Ernie and Bert looking out the window from down in the gutter. The gutter would have probably blocked them from being seen.

It would have been great if Jerry Nelson had more to do in this special. Sherlock Hemlcok could have tried to solve the mystery of how Santa Clause got down the chimney. Jerry Nelsons characters could have also been seen inside Hoopers Store when Ernie and Bert traded their things.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think they wanted to keep that special simple and not have a huge amount of Muppet characters in it, but I agree that The Count could have been used more than he was.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It would have been great if Jerry Nelson had more to do in this special. Sherlock Hemlcok could have tried to solve the mystery of how Santa Clause got down the chimney. Jerry Nelsons characters could have also been seen inside Hoopers Store when Ernie and Bert traded their things.
I agree, Jerry performed Snuffy in CESS (at least the voice). The Count didn't really show up much. I mean Jerry voiced the full body Count from "Holiday on Ice." The Muppet Count only appeared briefly during the "True Blue Miracle" song, so yes, he could have done more with the Count or even Sherlock. Heck, they could have had Herry talking with kids about how Santa comes down the chimney, since Kermit had already been in the scenes with Big Bird. Just a few thoughts.