Ernie has moved

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Daffyfan! I haven't seen you around lately, have I?

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I agree, Jerry performed Snuffy in CESS (at least the voice). The Count didn't really show up much. I mean Jerry voiced the full body Count from "Holiday on Ice." The Muppet Count only appeared briefly during the "True Blue Miracle" song, so yes, he could have done more with the Count or even Sherlock. Heck, they could have had Herry talking with kids about how Santa comes down the chimney, since Kermit had already been in the scenes with Big Bird. Just a few thoughts.
Its funny you mention Herry doing that because I have the book that they made based off of the special and Herry asks the kids, along with Grover and Kermit, also.

By the way, were Count and Cookie even on the bus during that song? Ernie and Bert were there but I don't remember seeing the other two. However they were both at the station and seen during the sections where they were walking on the street back home before after the bus ride.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a solution

During the end of the special, maybe they should have had Ernie and bert in the gutter (maybe looking out their windows) and Kermit looking out the window above Bob's apartment.

It is strange that Kermit was used at the beginning of the montage of scenes where kids were being interviewed, since he was only in that first scene and (i think) his voice was heard once (because the shot was of a close-up). They should have either had Grover appear in all of these scenes, or had Grover and Kermit talk to kids together, or had several different characters interact with the kids. besides Kermit and Grover, they could have had Sherlock Hemlock, Biff (maybe with Sully), Farley (was he still regularly seen on Sesame Street at the time?), Gladys The Cow, Don Music, and (although it might seem out of place) Guy Smiley.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
During the end of the special, maybe they should have had Ernie and bert in the gutter (maybe looking out their windows) and Kermit looking out the window above Bob's apartment.

It is strange that Kermit was used at the beginning of the montage of scenes where kids were being interviewed, since he was only in that first scene and (i think) his voice was heard once (because the shot was of a close-up). They should have either had Grover appear in all of these scenes, or had Grover and Kermit talk to kids together, or had several different characters interact with the kids. besides Kermit and Grover, they could have had Sherlock Hemlock, Biff (maybe with Sully), Farley (was he still regularly seen on Sesame Street at the time?), Gladys The Cow, Don Music, and (although it might seem out of place) Guy Smiley.

Kermit was shown talking to a couple of girls. Yes, Grover ended up being used for most of the interviews, but if you think about it that could just be how it was after editting. Kermit and Grover both probably talked to number of kids, or atleast talked more with the kids shown. They just had to cut parts out to make the montage flow quickly. Kermit was the one to read the results to Bird at the end. He was head of the whole mission. I just find it funny how he was just sitting there in Big Bird's nest area when Bird and Patty came home. What was he doing there? lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I just find it funny how he was just sitting there in Big Bird's nest area when Bird and Patty came home. What was he doing there?
Maybe he was waiting for Big Bird to get home.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I don't think Don would have been out of place Don would have worked out perfect for one of these scenes with the kids. He could have said something like "Oh we'll never find out, never!" and banged his head on the kid's shoulder.

Censored

Reaction score
Kermit said that he was going to "round up some of the guys" to find out the answer. So, Grover was supposed to be one of them.

As far as where Ernie and Bert were at the end, come to think of it, it's not that strange. They could have been visiting with Bob, either because it was Christmas Eve, or because they were working on a strategy to find Big Bird.

It was curious how some of the early characters in the special seemed to fade out in the middle, like the Count and David. And how about the little girl that Big Bird was skating with in the beginning? It's interesting how Patti stepped in as the lead child character right afterwards. I guess one child was a good skater and the other was a good actor.

All this talk about Christmas Eve on Sesame Street makes me want to watch it, but I only look at it during the official Christmas season. At least that's not too far away.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I don't think Don would have been out of place Don would have worked out perfect for one of these scenes with the kids. He could have said something like "Oh we'll never find out, never!" and banged his head on the kid's shoulder.
I meant that it might have been out of place for Guy Smiley to have been interracting with some kids. it is rare for Guy Smiley to be in a scene where he isn't hosting a game show.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well (if you ask me) if they were going to use another character to talk with the kids it should have been the Count. It only makes sense. The Count was only there briefly in the beginning and hardly did anything. He would have been great at finding out the answers to the Santa mystery. I guess it could have also been Cookie Monster, but he was a little preoccupied with writing to Santa Claus himself. So my vote would be the Count and thats it.

By the way, I loved Kermit's part in this show. This special really captured Kermit's whole role and purpose on Sesame Street as sort of the calm and level headed one and it was good to see him as a "mentor" to Big Bird.