Eric Jacobson vs. Frank Oz?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the overall dumbing down is more about the writing than the performer. Of course, Frank Oz is the best, but Eric is fine for me.

wiley207

Reaction score
Cosmo on "The Fairly Oddparents" was dumbed down in later episodes.

I certainly hope Fozzie Bear's not being dumbed down!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wacth a Verry merry muppet Christmass that really has Fozzie back into the way he use to be. You know why because someone who really loves Fozzie worte that movie Jim Lewis. he knows Fozzie better then anyone.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
True, while IAVMMC was far from perfect, Fozzie's character was pretty true to form.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to say that on that special that Kermit was really back to his old self again, too. He has been sort of lifeless in the way that Mickey is nowdays. So they sort of brough the over reactive, over emotional side of Kermit back. He's calm and the strait man, but he can be pushed and lose it and even joined in the madness with the rest of them, sometimes.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea thats why I think that for the muppets to truly get back that reallness is if Jim does a lot of the writing. He knows the muppets better then anyone i would say. Even though he didn't write for the muppet show he still was the voice of the muppets. He knows how they are and how they would do under certain things. I truly beelve that he could really help the muppets.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Let's see, I think Piggy might be his best. I wasn't even aware of the change until later on. Now, I'll admit there have been some talk show appearances where she didn't sound quite right, but when he has time to rehearse and put his heart into it, he can do a Miss Piggy just like Frank's. His Bert voice might be a bit too deep at times, especially in Season 34, and his Fozzie is improving. Right now, it sounds a bit more like the Fozzie in the late first season. He should remember that Fozzie and Bert are supposed to sound pretty much alike. As for Grover, I do notice a difference, but it's acceptable once you get used to it. I haven't seen enough of his :attitude: or :halo: to comment on those.

MWoO

Reaction score
spcglider said:
Wow...

Okay, Eric's Guy Smiley sounds like Steve's Kermit. That's weird. And kinda spooky.:eek:

-Gordon
If you listen to Guy Smiley he really is just a loud Kermit voice when Jim did him. The difference is when most people do Kermit they do a Kermit that soundsl ike Steve. It's that higher froggy voice. In reality there was more to Jim Henson's Kermit voice, a lot of it being his own voice. It's rather unique and hasn't really been duplicated yet. Just like Eric kind of sounds like Frank Oz when he talks (in his own voice) it would take someone with a similar voice to Jim Henson do really do his characters justice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
spcglider said:
I'm sure that the story has been told here before, but what I learned from Jerry Juhl back in '04 was that when they brought Eric in to audition for Piggy, he asked "Which Piggy do you want? First season, second, third? Muppet Movie Piggy?.." etc. The "auditioners" replied, "We didn't know there was a difference."

So he proceeded to nail each version for them.

Now, I gotta respect that. But for some reason, I don't believe that he's been "nailing" Fozzie like I suspect he can.
I agree with you 100%... like I said I feel Eric's Miss Piggy is his absolute best, and he does a pretty darn good Grover too (it took me a while to get used to, but I did) but yeah his Fozzie (and Bert for that matter) just lack a certain something... but then again Eric works hard to keep Frank's characters alive so I won't complain.