Eric Jacobson vs. Frank Oz?

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Yeah, i would also have to go with frank oz. Eric Jacobsin is ok. to me, alot of his voices sound too much like grover, which is probably why his grover is so wonderful! :wink: But Bert sounds pretty good, Fozzy is ok, and miss piggy....needs work, but it's getting there

anytimepally

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
Frank Oz will always be the best, but Eric Jacobson provides an incredible simulation.

Also, they've recast Guy Smiley to Eric Jacobson. I think they should've hired gotteb Steve Whitmire or John Kennedy to imitate Henson's Guy.
I agree Eric does a great job, but I think his Sesame Street voices are not as good as his Miss Piggy (especially) and Fozzie. Granted, his Fozzie voice started out rocky, but it gets better every time they do a new project. Piggy does as well. But his Bert just isn't quite there yet.. and, although I know this is a minority opinion, I think his Grover is the worst of his voices.. I have to change the channel during Global Grover, because it just doesn't sound like Grover to me.. that said, I think we got lucky that Eric Jacobson decided to be a muppeteer, because few people could do the job he's done :zany:

I would liked to hear what Steve could do with Guy Smiley, though

dabauckham said:
But does anyone know which bits Frank Oz is involved in currently? For example, does he ever do Grover now (like Global Grover for example), or has it switched over totally to Eric?
I believe he only did 2 Grover sketches this past Season.. both with Jerry Nelson.. a Waiter Sketch in episode 4111 and a Parody of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition called "Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition" in episode 4132.. he mostly does Bert sketches these days, but I don't know which ones

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It took me a while to get used to, but now I think Eric has done a wonderful job with Frank's characters, in my honest opinion, I think his Miss Piggy is the best, his Grover is good, but his Bert and Fozzie sound a little TOO Groverish to me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If you notice, Frank does a lot of those segments with Grover where their talking to kids too. He does quit a bit of those every season. But you could film a number of those in a day's work.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i really thought that guy smily recast was Steve!!!!!! that is erick wow thats cool. maybe they will give him more stuff to do. i could really see a survior or an appertice parody with guy as the host or even a deal or no deal where Guy would have count as a contestnt with all thouse numbers count would go crazy

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anytimepally said:
last summer.. it was just for a PBS commercial.. I don't think he's been back on Sesame Street yet

you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBf60vnrpDc
WHOA! I've seen tons of those "Ready to Learn" promos, but that wasn't one of them! I hate to admit though, I don't think Eric's Guy Smiley can pass muster... maybe Steve should give it a try?

anytimepally

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I hate to admit though, I don't think Eric's Guy Smiley can pass muster... maybe Steve should give it a try?
my thoughts exactly