Elmo teaches kids to manipulate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I agree with you. I dunno about the "saving Sesame Street" idea because there is nothing to save them from, but other than that you are right.
Well think, Sesame Street runs through ratings and money. And what are the most merchandising characters they put in there products? Elmo.

And, why is Elmo on so much? Ratings.

So basically yes. But, we have our own opinions.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Well, Barry's got a point there too. I mean, I dunno. I was with Rose and I still am, Elmo is used too much, but then again he's getting SW money, so whatever.

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Perfect example!"

furryredmonster said:
Your guys are just out to get Elmo, arnt ya?

I have not see that skit, yet I personally do not see anything wrong with it. Dorothy "talks" in the scenes but elmo can only hear him. Elmo was not just making what Dorothy said up. And the script writers have nuthing to do with this either. I think it is a perfectly good skit that should not be complained upon.
Thank you, furryredmonster! By saying what you just did, the way you said it, you just voluntarily showed the entire forum a perfect example of what the "dumbing down" of todays SS is succesfully doing to the generation of today. I appreciate your help!

Now, before you go flying off the handle, please take notice: In no way, whatsoever, did the statement I just made imply that you were "dumb" in any way. But if you truely are 13 years old (or older) then you have undoubtedly heard the old catch-all phrase "You can't judge a book by its cover" by now. Before you go saying there is nothing wrong with the skit I opened this thread with, I suggest you see it first. And I hate to burst your bubble, but yes, the script writers have EVERYTHING to do with this, (not "nuthing"), due to the fact that it is THEY who create and decide all the things that Elmo says and does on SS, not to mention the rolls of the people who make up the human cast, as well. Yes, my "young 13 year old", believe it or not, Elmo is NOT realy alive. He is a puppet, who only talks and moves because of the human hand(s) and voice that make him do so. Now, I know this may be alot for a person like you to take in at one time, so before you go into hyperventilation, lets SLOW DOWN, take a deep breath and get a grip here.
Growing physically is unavoidable. Growing mentally and increasing your knowledge, however, is a choice that is ultimately up to you. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
No, that really was pretty mean spirited.

F

furryredmonster

Wow. Maybe I should just leave if every one is going to be that way. I mean, I go here... perfect day and someone ruins it.... lol that's just perfect

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Wow. Maybe I should just leave if every one is going to be that way. I mean, I go here... perfect day and someone ruins it.... lol that's just perfect

Furryred, I know that was really not fair. Try not to let that bug you. You really didn't deserve that kind of treatment. You weren't being mean to any of them so they shouldn't have been so cold hearted to you.

F

furryredmonster

No, I think I'm just going to freakin leave. I dont care. Everyone has to ruin my day saying mean things to me and Elmo. I really do not need this place anyway.

i KNOW MANY OTHER PALCES I COULD GO THAT WOULD NOT DARE SAY ANYTHING MEAN TO ME.

AND REMEMBER THAT ELMO IS A MUPPET.

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEVER AGAIN..... THIS PLACE IS MEAN IF YOU FREAKIN WONT TREAT EVERYONE EQUALLY!!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Yo, I didn't do this all by myself kid! You're being overly sensitive! Its not all my fault, is it BEAR?

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Its not all my fault, is it BEAR?

Well, no. It wasn't really your fault until you encouraged Rosewood's mean behavior. You shouldn't have publicly posted that to spare furryred's feelings. He is not being too sensitive. Rosewood basically humiliated him. She has done this with furryred since day one she joined. So he has a right to feel hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.