Elmo teaches kids to manipulate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Poor Furry.....jeez...why'd she humiliate him anyway?

PS: If you're wondering what happened to that previous post, I felt it even colder and this thread should be evacuated for a flamewar may begin...

Hey Foz, wanna lock this thread?

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Poor Furry.....jeez...why'd she humiliate him anyway?

PS: If you're wondering what happened to that previous post, I felt it even colder and this thread should be evacuated for a flamewar may begin...

Hey Foz, wanna lock this thread?

I think that would be an excellent choice. There are too many forums with not just Elmo bashing, but people who like Elmo bashing as well. No need for it and it goes against the golden Muppet rule if you ask me.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Everybody!

* Sing, sing a song, make it simple, to last a whole life long....(continue song someone!)*

mikebennidict

Reaction score
this threade is going insane. but hear's my take on it. I might understand what Rose is saying. i'd have to see this episode again but if I read it right, she's saying she doesn't like the fact that elmo finally got his way and got to take Dorthy to the game. I don't know think I as troubled by this and not that i'm saying SS is totally doing a bad job but perhaps they can do a better job at teaching kids how to behave. such as when the bear family were about to have Curly. while it's understandable for someone the age of Baby Bear to feel uncomfortable in that situation and maybe react in certain ways like crying or whatever it's also nice to show kids how to handle these situations or ever perhaps not be obnocxious about such situations where as when he was didn't like the fact that they wrere now going to be the 4 bears instead of The 3 Bears. that stupid. they didn't need to put that in. Otherwise the fact he was concerned about his parents not have enough love for him is understandable since sometimes young kids can often think in such ways. I don't think just because certain muppets are certain ages doesn't have to mean they should always act in certain ways and maybe it would be more helpful if someone like elmo says M or I instead of always using his name when he refers to himself.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Actually, If Furry wants to say anything at all about his opinion of elmo,most times Rose chases him out and publicly humiliates him. She should be given a temp. ban or if willing a permaban, of course I'm going to leave this thread now so its up to the mods and admins.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Reality check!!!!!!!

When I started this thread, it was simply in hopes of getting people to try to see things in a new light, and not necessarily mine! I am sorry for any offense I apparently afflicted on ANYONE, but specifically furryredmonster. When I responded to your first response to my opening thread, I admit I was a bit childish in the way I put it and would like to publically apologize (the way that others have done in the past when I was humiliated on a thread)
I should have been more mature and will strive to do so in the future. My intent in this forum has always been to improve the future of SS and give constructive criticisum, not demeaning and mean spirited junk to tick off others. But I will also admit that I have been guilty in the past, at times, of jumping on a band wagon that was headed for a witch hunt (as the dissapointing reactions to this thread have obviously proven). I am Human! We all are! And we do live in America and I respect the fact that we can all have different points of view and express them. In the future I hope we can all help each other to obtain the common goal of being able to enjoy watching SS as it grows with LOVE and compassion for each other. I know now and in the past that there are and have been others who HATE and BASH me for my opinions. I will let that all go and let the past remain the past if you can too. I love my childeren and SS and want them to be able to grow (constructively) together!! This forum is perfect for those who love SS and want not only to share memories but help MOLD it for the furture. I hope we can all learn to respect each others opionions and, when necessary, simply agree that we disagree and leave it at that. I am truley sorry for steering this thread the wrong way by responding to furyredmonster the way I did. I do agree that this thread should be closed, for it was never taken in the way it was meant from the very beginning. Let us close this thread and go on, hopefully with a better understanding of each other, and a mutual goal in the future of helping SS be all it can be........

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Yes, Let's just forget this whole thread ever existed, and be friends again. Whaddaya say, Furryred?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Rosewood.

I mean I'm not trying to insult Kevin Clash or Elmo, but Rosewood does bring up a point.

I have seen that episode and after reading that analysis, I feel that Gordon shouldn't have gave in that easily. I think that episode should have been done another way. For example:

Elmo: Elmo is sorry. Elmo didn't mean to cause Telly and Baby Bear to fight.

Gordon: I have an idea. Why don't the two of you both sit for Dorothy together?

Telly: Wow! What a great idea!

All: And that is called "cooperation!"

If this had been done in the earlier days of "Sesame Street," that might have been how it went. Just my thoughts on this.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Elmo is not teaching kids how to manipulate

I have seen the sketch that Rosewood and Furryred are fighting over and as a parent of a 3 year old and a teacher with a bachelor's degree in Childhood Education I would like to add my opinion. Elmo is a 3 year old child, his manipulation of adults is not meant to teach other children how to do it, but to illustrate three-year-old behavior. Elmo does not have to teach kids how to manipulate, they do it on their own very well. My own daughter often tries to take advantage of the fact that I am more of a disciplinarian than my wife is, and I have seen the same thing happen in team teaching jobs in school where one teacher has a different style than the other. Like most children his age Elmo has trouble separating fantasy from reality, so naturally he really thinks Dorothy is talking even though he knows it's only in his head. Also we know that in reality when Gordon, Elmo, Telly and Baby Bear showed up at the baseball stadium with their respective pets they would have run into a small problem, most ballparks don't allow any pets except those assisting the disabled.
yeah, and Elmo's not sure if Elmo could pass off Dorothy as a seeing-eye fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.