DVD Series of every Sesame Street episode ever made

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though DVDs are the future and VHSs will soon be obsolete, I still go for videos myself because they're more affordable and you can get the whole major feature on one tape instead or 2 or 3 disk. But if I did get DVDs, I'd go for the new "Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends Complete Season 1"! Plus the new Sesame Sings Karoake video, I taped when it first aired on PBS.

Hays

Reaction score
Though, Trekkie, Star Trek had only 80 or so episodes, and SS has somewhere between three and four thousand (figuring there were 134 episodes per year for at least the first 25 years - don't know when they made the painful decision to do 34 per season) So I don't think we'll get this soon - but I do think it will be available someday!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
When I said that, I was referring to every Star Trek episode (Enterprise, ST, TNG, DS9, and Voyager). Paramount is in the process of releasing every episode ever produced.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
When I said that, I was referring to every Star Trek episode (Enterprise, ST, TNG, DS9, and Voyager). Paramount is in the process of releasing every episode ever produced.
But even with all the Star Trek series, even if they were including the animated episodes and the movies, there still wouldn't be 4056 hours' worth of material.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Yeah, not nearly "that" much. But it's still nearly 1,000.

I just don't think SS would sell nearly as good as ST.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, because, sadly, I don't think a majority of the people like the old SS as much. This may sound amazing to some of you here on MC, but most adults don't really like to watch kids' shows.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Sad bu true

I would buy the first set. Most of y'all probably would as well.

But most adults would probably pass it by at Costco.

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Well, because, sadly, I don't think a majority of the people like the old SS as much. This may sound amazing to some of you here on MC, but most adults don't really like to watch kids' shows.
Very true, but a lot of the people here who are interested in "Unpaved" (or early episodes) are teens and young adults - a very coveted demographic, right? :concern:

That said, putting every episode on DVD is just impossible, not to mention cost prohibitive. That would be an absurd amount of dvds. Would even the most ardent fan be able to buy them all? :eek:

If Songs from the Street flops, I don't think we'll see anymore adult-targeted Sesame nostalgia product. :cry:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Would even the most ardent fan be able to buy them all?
I would; and yes, I am willing :smile:

I don't think that putting each episode on DVD is impossible. Three or four per DVD is feasible.

But I do think that whoever does it would ultimately lose money.

Now ... how about a "Best of... " set? To date, Sony Wonder has done two LE Best of SS boxsets, but they've been of newer stuff. What we need is a "Best of" set w/stuff like the first episode, the best guest stars (Siskel & Ebert, Ray Charles, Mister Rogers, etc), Mr. Hooper's death, etc.

ssetta

Reaction score
If there was a "Best of...." set, I would want all the Unpaved shows, plus a lot more than that. See, it's such a long show, there's so much material, it's hard to decide. This is why I think they should just release all of them!