Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
To run it down... Clone Wars was a far superior version of what the prequels tried to offer. They even managed to salvage the worst character in the franchise. In fact, people who adamantly hate the prequels actually like this series. The movie and the first season weren't exactly a great start, but the show has grown a beard and became something far better than Lucas could have done. They even managed to make episodes that paid tribute to the old Droids cartoon.

Still, next cartoon... they really need a bridge between the original trilogy, and the upcoming films. Something with the more famous characters.

Meanwhile... Lego Star Wars the series.... that's freaking gold right there.
I'd heard good things about the original Clone Wars miniseries, but I didn't realize the CGI show was any good. Of course, I've seen neither, as I'm really only interested in the original trilogy, but even so, I feel obligated to watch the episodes where Simon Pegg does Dengar, being a huge Simon Pegg fan. I had no idea there was a Lego SW series, I had only heard of the toys and video games. Is it a TV show?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even though this is about Lucasfilm, I feel this bit of news should be posted here, as well.

Disney has unfortunately closed down LucasArts, laying off staff and cancelling two games with it, one of them being the highly anticipated Star Wars: 1313. The LucasArts name will still be used for licensing purposes, though.

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd heard good things about the original Clone Wars miniseries, but I didn't realize the CGI show was any good. Of course, I've seen neither, as I'm really only interested in the original trilogy, but even so, I feel obligated to watch the episodes where Simon Pegg does Dengar, being a huge Simon Pegg fan. I had no idea there was a Lego SW series, I had only heard of the toys and video games. Is it a TV show?
Can't tell if its a TV show or not. Seems to be more of a series of random specials of which there are about 6 or 7 episodes of (I've only seen one). They released 2 episodes to DVD that come with exclusive Lego figures. And the best part is, they're time warped, so they get to have the original trilogy characters interact with prequel characters. And by which, they hand their butts to the prequel characters. Saw a great one where the Emperor had Vader and Darth Maul work together on building a new Death Star (which is conveniently a Lego kit), and Maul was getting on the Emperor's nerves. They even made fun of the infamous "NOOOOOOOOO" line... Vader falls into a sand dune on Tatooine and proclaims "I got sand up my NOOOOOOOOOOOOse!"

Even though this is about Lucasfilm, I feel this bit of news should be posted here, as well.

Disney has unfortunately closed down LucasArts, laying off staff and cancelling two games with it, one of them being the highly anticipated Star Wars: 1313. The LucasArts name will still be used for licensing purposes, though.

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749
I don't see why they can't have absorbed them. Sure, Disney has its own interactive software company, but now everything Lucasfilm games owns will be theirs, and you can tell they're just going to sit on it, like they did with Saban's properties after they bought The Family Channel from Fox.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I know this isn't movie news, but I'd thought I'd mention that Mark Hamill appeared on ABC's The Neighbors last night, throwing in some Star Wars and Star Trek references with George Takei. I thought it was really funny!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The closing of Lucas Arts is unfortunate, but expected. People forget that many staff members were let go during the transition process when Jim Henson was selling his company to Disney. I do hope they keep Skywalker Ranch up and running because it brings so many jobs to the Bay Area and that's where I live. :embarrassed:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I was quite shocked at hearing Star Wars: 1313 is cancelled; it must have been close to being finished at this point, so why couldn't Disney let it be? Also, there goes the last chance of SW: Battlefront 3:boo:.

I know it's a long shot, but I kind of hope they have Dash Rendar in the sequels. I know he's more or less a Han Solo stand-in, but I LOVED the N-64 game as a kid, and Shadows of the Empire was a great novel too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only real faith I have is that Lucas is no longer in the picture. Something tells me they'd be, at worst, popcorn flicks.

Though, a movie about Han meeting Chewie is something I'm dreaming of.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I had the same thought. I think THAT would be worthwhile watching. Unlike the Jar-Jar Binks idea they had for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.