Dealing with depression and anxiety

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In an extremely dark and difficult situation right now that I can't easily escape for the time being. And it all comes down to my inability to handle my anxiety in the face of cruel people. My friends and family try to make me feel better but their sympathies only seem to serve to underline just how awful the situation is, which doesn't really help much, heh. And it's only going to start all over again tomorrow.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh no heralde, I'm sorry (if that counts for anything). I'm not sure what's going on but I understand dealing with cruel people. I'll be praying for you.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry Heralde that you're going through this, it sounds rather hard. Hopefully today will be better for you.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Apologies for double-posting, but I am having a hard time at work today. I am in the process of switching medications, tapering off one while starting another, and it's thrown me for a loop today. I am just agitated and anxious and there is no reason why. Hopefully this will pass over the next couple of days.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Hang in there Chris. Keep reminding yourself there isn't anything to stress over and take deep breaths...

Heralde, sorry people are being cruel to you. Think, though: this means only that they are lesser people, too wrapped up in their own insecure BS to be proper humans. (Assuming the species has redeeming qualities.) It ain't you...it's THEM. Pity them.
--------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh no heralde, I'm sorry (if that counts for anything). I'm not sure what's going on but I understand dealing with cruel people. I'll be praying for you.
I'm sorry Heralde that you're going through this, it sounds rather hard. Hopefully today will be better for you.
Heralde, sorry people are being cruel to you. Think, though: this means only that they are lesser people, too wrapped up in their own insecure BS to be proper humans. (Assuming the species has redeeming qualities.) It ain't you...it's THEM. Pity them.
Thanks guys. :smile: Yesterday was a bit better; I'm probably going to start looking into counseling for myself as far as relieving anxiety. I just think it would make my life a lot easier overall. ; )

Apologies for double-posting, but I am having a hard time at work today. I am in the process of switching medications, tapering off one while starting another, and it's thrown me for a loop today. I am just agitated and anxious and there is no reason why. Hopefully this will pass over the next couple of days.
Good luck; I hope things settle down soon. These things always come and go in waves. But they do eventually go. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Good luck; I hope things settle down soon. These things always come and go in waves. But they do eventually go. :smile:
I feel much better today. I got a very nice night's sleep last night and then took a walk today since it is beautiful out. Those things always help.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I dunno what's going on but today I've been feeling really down for no reason. Had a really great day at Kung Fu then the moment I left just started feeling sad and like I have no direction for today.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I dunno what's going on but today I've been feeling really down for no reason. Had a really great day at Kung Fu then the moment I left just started feeling sad and like I have no direction for today.
Maybe it's just the fall out from having a really positive time and then having to see it end. That's the reaction I often have; the pendulum just swings.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That makes sense. I know I've gotten that way before. I think it just blindsided me a little today.