Dealing with depression and anxiety

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I just came off of having a panic attack, I'm still upset but, I'm not hyperventalating like crazy anymore, the lovely woman that is my soon-to-be step-mom helped to talk me down. I scared my dad with having my panic attack which I felt only made it worse. I mean, I understand he's scared about my health, but, he really doesn't understand what happens during those episodes. There are so few people that understand what I go through, thankfully Andrea (my soon-to-be step-mom) understands, as she has anxiety and gets panic attacks too. She explained to me that its possible for those attacks to hit out of nowhere because quite frankly, it did. I was having a perfectly fine and dandy afternoon when at around 6, the bad feelings hit me. She's talking to my dad now. I've been crying for a good while now, but, she says it'll stop soon and I hope so because I need to get to bed amd I don't think I can take a mental health day at school instead of coming back from break tomorrow :frown:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh dear DQM, that doesn't sound like fun at all. *hugs* Glad your soon-to-be stepmom was able to help. I hope it gets better for school tomorrow.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better this morning DQM and are getting through school okay.
Thanks Chris, I actually ended up not going to school because I had another panic attack and it got so bad that I couldn't get ready that I was shaking so much. I've stopped crying at this point though, so, that's good news.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, I actually ended up not going to school because I had another panic attack and it got so bad that I couldn't get ready that I was shaking so much. I've stopped crying at this point though, so, that's good news.
Aw, that's too bad. I'm sorry. Hope you're feeling better now.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've been having a hard time lately and my therapist referred me to a nurse-practitioner in my town to get my medication reevaluated, as he said it was not working for me. Only problem is I can't see the practitioner until two weeks from now, so I have to muddle through with my old medicine for another two weeks. It's hard for me to stay focused at my summer job now because I get so anxious. Very frustrating.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I've been having a hard time lately and my therapist referred me to a nurse-practitioner in my town to get my medication reevaluated, as he said it was not working for me. Only problem is I can't see the practitioner until two weeks from now, so I have to muddle through with my old medicine for another two weeks. It's hard for me to stay focused at my summer job now because I get so anxious. Very frustrating.
I know exactly how you feel, I called a help line to help and stop my panic attack and now that I'm better they also told me 'oh talk to your therapist' and I can't see her until Saturday, and she can prescribe me medication (she has a degree and such for that), but, its still rough going through the same struggle. I know how you feel, and that the muddling through feeling sucks, I'm here for you :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel, I called a help line to help and stop my panic attack and now that I'm better they also told me 'oh talk to your therapist' and I can't see her until Saturday, and she can prescribe me medication (she has a degree and such for that), but, its still rough going through the same struggle. I know how you feel, and that the muddling through feeling sucks, I'm here for you :smile:
Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better now that I'm at home, but I'm still not pleased about having to wait two weeks to get anything adjusted or changed. I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, but it's annoying.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better now that I'm at home, but I'm still not pleased about having to wait two weeks to get anything adjusted or changed. I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, but it's annoying.
I'm glad I could help, if even just a little bit. I know how annoying waiting for help is and can be, really. I mean, I get that doctors are busy with other patients, but, if something really is urgent they should be better about taking the urgency into consideration.