1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

In the end probably no one, lol. But some do have it better than others. But they tend to get a huge wake up call after High School, lol.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

High School was probably one of my best times in school. Elementary wasn't bad either but middle school I cried so many tears during that time. Especially because of all the personal issues I went through like with starving myself. :/
  3. heralde

Oh yeah High School for me was way better than Middle School. Middle School had an over abundance of bullies and cliques, mainly because it was such a small class. High School had more people and more opportunities to find people more in tune with you.
  4. robodog

robodog Active Member

I may be one of the few people in my age group that doesn't look at the 80s as some kind of golden age simply because I had such a terrible time at school it overshadowed the few happy memories I had of that decade. Having an abusive father didn't help matters any. I would never want to have to relive my childhood. For me it would be a curse.
    RedPiggy likes this.
  5. heralde

I do get annoyed with clueless adults who just can't understand why every child isn't all smileys 24/7 like they are. The same kinds of adults that turn a blind eye to bullying.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I think because by high school people do tend to mature somewhat. I'm not saying a lot but I think they have a different outlook as opposed to middle school.
  7. heralde

Definitely, Middle School can be such a confusing, miserable transition from kid to teenager.
  8. Pinkflower7783

It was for me that and I had some crappy teachers that didn't help make my experience any better.
  9. heralde

Like I said some adults are just tone deaf. Others want to help but there's only so much you can do.
  10. Pinkflower7783

I had some good teachers don't get me wrong but you could tell the ones that obviously didn't care and were just working because they had to if you know what I mean. :p I did have one teacher in middle school and he was my history teacher and he was really great and always listened to me when I had problems and gave me good advice.
    Mo Frackle and heralde like this.
  11. heralde

Yeah exactly, I had a teacher in Middle School who actually voted me in as Student of the Month (the category was "Kindest," hehe) because she knew the cliques in my class were never going to vote for the outcasts so to speak. ;)
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This doesn't have much to do with this but this reminds me of a time I remember once when I was in 6th grade, some guy was voted student of the month by a teacher just because he was a super suck-up to the teacher. I distinctly remember during the speech when they announced him as student of the month that he "Always says 'hi' and 'goodbye'" to the teacher... and that's all that was described. :p Needless to say he was labeled a major teacher's pet by all of us after that.
  13. heralde

Lol, I totally get you. That was who usually won Student of the Month, the kids who never said or did anything meaningful and somehow that equaled being "kind." There was little thought put into it usually.
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Yea, I was labeled the teachers pet concerning the fact that I got treated like dirt by everyone else but the teachers.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I used to be called a suck up in class as well. Cause I bascially followed the rules and did all my work like I was suppose to. :/
    heralde likes this.
  16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Kids sure can be mean.
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That was one of the things that just annoyed me about the whole bullying issue. Was that I could either follow the rules or have more friends. Then I was weird because I didn't have many friends.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

And this is why I made most of my friends (I use that term lightly, while I talked to people more here, there are very few I'd truly consider friends) through extracurriculars, where the rules weren't so as rigid as they were in the school setting.
  19. robodog

robodog Active Member

Most of my teachers weren't any better than the students. At recess I'd try to hang near the teachers to avoid the bullies, but they'd force me to leave and I'd end up getting chased or beat. My problem was I had no real refuge. At home I had to worry about the next time my father would go on a rampage and at school I got it from both the students and the teachers. I came out of the whole thing with major trust issues.
  20. Pinkflower7783

The whole world in general can just be cruel and it can be extremely difficult to have any kind of trust. But honestly for me I probably wouldn't have changed those bad experiences because they made me who I am today and even somewhat stronger and probably wouldn't have made the true friends that I have way more now then I ever did as a kid. It might sound cliche but I really feel that way.