Dealing with depression and anxiety

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh charlie I'm sorry *hugs*
I can't help you too much except to say I'm praying for you and am always here to talk if you want.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Been having a very hard time again lately. I feel like my anxiety problem has gotten to the point where I am no longer in control, and that's discouraging to me. It's very challenging to deal with.
Don't give up. I can tell from your forum posts that you are a very nice person. I know that these types of problems can be difficult to deal with. Never doubt your value, and know that there are people out there that care. Don't be hard on yourself. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs* Hope I didn't accidentally offend you with my advice.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Charlie, hoping you can find a real support group for the panic attacks. I can only imagine how difficult it is NOT to panic when faced with an unexpected small crisis. All I can offer is...keep trying to remind yourself it's not the end of the world, that there usually IS a rational solution which you can effect if you slow down and think about it. I know this is far easier said than done...but try to keep it in the back of your head. Reason has never steered me wrong, and I hope it may serve you well too.

Rooting for ya, kid! :coy:
---------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Been having a very hard time again lately. I feel like my anxiety problem has gotten to the point where I am no longer in control, and that's discouraging to me. It's very challenging to deal with.
When it's hard, you just have to push through and behave as though you are in control, even if it doesn't feel like it. Like Richard Hunt said to Caroll Spinney, "Pretend you can dance." :wink:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I appreciate all of your advice and kind words. It's sometimes hard for me to deal with these issues, but the only thing I really can do is keep going and keep trying. Hope everyone's doing well today.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I've been there and it sucks! I hope you feel better!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Been having a hard time today. My younger sister had a friend over this afternoon and she said some really hurtful things about me and my life up at college, and I felt too flustered and anxious to defend myself or really even say anything. It left me in a very uncomfortable spot.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Calm approach: explain your state's hate-crime laws to her.

Passionate approach: headlock, noogie, lock in closet for 8 hours...well, no, just kidding.

Maybe only five hours.
---------------