1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

You understand me perfectly, lol.
  2. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I try. Lol
  3. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Family or not, if someone wants to drag you down to their misery, you have every right to distance yourself; even to tell them, "Sorry, but your insistence on wallowing in your bad feelings isn't something I need in my life. If you refuse to be helped, then at least please leave me alone until your mood improves." It's much healthier and doesn't need to be hateful.

---------
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling soon this gonna happen to me. ><
  5. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm being ignored today.
  6. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Mayhem. Hope you can feel better soon. *hugs*
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

So sorry hope you feel better!
  8. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I feel better now. Lately, something happens that triggers me to get depressed for a few hours. I know everyone gets it every now and then but I think it's been happening more than it should.
  9. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That happens to me sometimes. I think it might be a hormonal thing or something, or maybe being over-tired. It's annoying, but I find that quiet time and rest helps me feel better.
    heralde and AlittleMayhem like this.
  10. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Stressed because my new work schedule doesn't allow for much creative time. I'm STILL stuck on my last chapter of fanfic, and have only bits of a big drawing done, because the middle of the afternoon was never a productive time for me and right now that's about all I've got to work with for me time.

Hoping this changes after the new year. Not sleeping much and anxious over personal things. At least I'll get a break from it all this coming weekend.
    ------------
  11. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

First there was the Connecticut massacre.

Second there was the rebellion at the movie theater because the projector broke and two elderly (or middle-aged with very bad skin) women verbally abused some poor attendant over the fact that the Hobbit was broken. Given the first thing on this list, our crowd started nervously backing away.

Third, I get a phone call from a coworker that a former coworker committed suicide last night.

I think that deserves a drink.... :p
  12. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry RedPiggy. *hugs*
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Wow...so sorry...
  14. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Feeling really crummy today. I've been sort of anxious the past couple of days, and this morning it's really gotten bad. And I tend to see a return of depressive feelings when I've been anxious for awhile. It's frustrating to have to deal with these things.
  15. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, charlie. I hope you feel better soon. :sympathy:
  16. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Thanks. Work helped a bit but I still feel pretty crummy. Hopefully things will improve later on today.
  17. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

18. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah anxious and depression definitely feed into each other. Hang in there!
    charlietheowl likes this.
  19. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Thanks heralde. It's often hard to see where one starts and the other ends. I am feeling a bit better this morning.
    heralde likes this.
  20. heralde Well-Known Member

Not a great day today. Nothing went wrong exactly but depression just tends to hang over me sometimes. I'm really going to have to finally make the effort to see a counselor. I'm just tired of feeling this way, especially when I really have no reason to.