Dad hears a "racial slur" on Fraggle Rock

TSSD

Reaction score
This:
His daughter, two-year-old Zariyah, loves to watch Fraggle Rock reruns.

"It is her favorite show, period," said father Keith White.
is the only intelligent part of that article.

Slackbot

Reaction score
There is racist language in Fraggle Rock. However, it's usually directed at the Gorgs.

As for this case... people gonna hear what's on their minds, and if they think racist slurs are everywhere, they're going to see them where they don't exist. I wish they'd post the clip in question.

"I agree with him. It does say Jigaboo, there`s no if ands or butts about it," said D-FW SCLC Chapter President Rev. Kyev Tatum.

*chuckle*

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Oh my gosh...Where's the facepalm emote in here? I am in desperate need of using it. :I

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow....just...wow.

How has political correctness helped society again?

Clearly these parents aren't that familiar with the show. They're acting like the company is only "claiming" that the character's name is Gobo. Sheesh, it's not like this is a new show!

Someday this little girl is going to grow up, watch this episode and go, "Wait, what was the problem?"

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
As for this case... people gonna hear what's on their minds, and if they think racist slurs are everywhere, they're going to see them where they don't exist. I wish they'd post the clip in question.
This is all a matter of an audio inkblot. Somebody can't really make out something, so their mind tries to fill in the blank with the closest sounding words it can.

Also, IT'S NOT A CARTOON! :grr:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
people just want to moan at things its like people who give a bad review to a travel agency but never went when i heard them calling it a cartoon i thought they were talking about the animated series but no this person is very silly :rolleyes:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
They're gonna edit it? Really? Come on!

So, can we say that since we've listened to it lots of times and hear "Gee Gobo" that must be what they're saying? Because that seems to be what this guy is saying about the supposed slur.

Frogster

Reaction score
How many times has Wembley started the sentence, "Gee, Gobo?"? This shouldn't have even been on the news. What happened to the days where insane people were left to rant on about whatever they wanted and we just politely averted our gaze?