Custom figures and dioramas

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Looks great!

My only qualm would be that I think Animal's pants should be like a khaki colour. But, I mean it's your custom so you can paint whatever colour you want, and it's still better than I could ever do.

I enjoy them very much!

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about giving them all matching pants, maybe green like their tams. But I liked the checked patterns on Beaker and Chef's pants and chose to preserve those Palisades paint jobs as much as possible. Which meant Animal's pants had to stay 'factory' as well.

It makes sense in a weird 'puppet show' way... that you wouldn't change the costume on the part that's not visible. But then again, these are action figures of the characters, and I've photographed them head to toe, so it could go either way.

Oh, and I am working on the second half of the video, which has some cool stuff in it... but I'm having editing problems. Every time I try to import the footage from my camera, the program hangs and freezes.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Just Windows Movie Maker at the moment. It's very finicky. When it works, it's great, but when it's irritable, it's a nightmare.

I was ALSO having problems getting a shorter video to upload to YouTube, but that has now been fixed.

Remember Taylor asking me how to repair a broken-handed Floyd figure? I'm happy to report that he mailed it out to me last week. It arrived Monday, I had the parts swapped in less than five minutes, and put it right back in the mail to him.

I filmed the whole thing in real time so he could see how simple it was. If anyone else is interested in seeing it, check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHkBES_lxs

Enjoy!

Alex

Taylor

Reaction score
Hey Dearth, that video was really cool. I enjoyed seeing Floyd repaired so quickly. I really appreciate the repair, Floyd looks great playing his guitar alongside my other muppets.

- Taylor

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey Dearth, that video was really cool. I enjoyed seeing Floyd repaired so quickly. I really appreciate the repair, Floyd looks great playing his guitar alongside my other muppets.
No problem, happy to help. Glad he arrived back home so quickly.

In other news, I got the conclusion of my Leprechaun Bros. video fully edited yesterday and finally uploaded just now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZhQBw3k48

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
how much does it cost to have a custom figure done? btw, about your vets hospital, a swedish chef body would make a great scrub for Rowlf, espicaly with his apron.

Dearth

Reaction score
how much does it cost to have a custom figure done?
Email me at Ploovo241@aol.com and we can discuss what figure you want and possible prices, etc. I generally require that the buyer provide the figure(s) necessary, by the way.

Hey, Muppetaz... I know that name from YouTube... didn't you just email me yesterday about the Fozzie backdrop?

Welcome to Muppet Central!

btw, about your vets hospital, a swedish chef body would make a great scrub for Rowlf, espicaly with his apron.
Smile... Something like this?
http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=133273&imagewidth=744&imageheight=542

Yeah, I had that brainstorm a while back. I narrowly avoided a catastrophe, though.

I was literally just about to start cutting up the tux Rowlf body for Dr. Bob. I took off the tuxedo jacket and on a whim, tried it on some other figures, including a Swedish Chef.

It fit Chef so well, I thought "someday I'll customize a tuxedo front onto the Chef body and paint him and put this jacket on him..."

I was still just about to dremel off the tuxedo details on Rowlf when common sense kicked in!

Instead I cracked open their torsos, swapped out the arms and the heads, and painted Chef's original arms black.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=121937&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=768

Bang, tuxedo Chef was completed in just a few minutes, and Rowlf had a much better starting body for the Dr. Bob project.

[Notice in the photo at top, that particular Chef seen with Rowlf is the one that just recently became a Leprechaun Brother. The tuxedo Chef originally had that flour-smeared head, which was replaced later with a regular Chef that I won in a fodder lot.]

Alex

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So do you still have that Tux Chef? It'd be cool if you made a Beaker into the Angel of Death, armed with scythe and rubber chicken to go with him.

Dearth

Reaction score
So do you still have that Tux Chef? It'd be cool if you made a Beaker into the Angel of Death, armed with scythe and rubber chicken to go with him.
Yeah, I've still got him. And speaking of the Angel of Death skit... would you believe I *never* saw that TV special until like last year?

I immediately did a little sketch of a tux Beaker re-dressed with a cloak and some folded-paper wings.

By the way, Count, I haven't forgotten about those figures we discussed. I'm in a play that opens Thursday, so tonight is my last shift at work for a while. Hopefully things will calm down for me in a couple more weeks.

In fact, tomorrow I'm shaving my head... I'm the Genie in a production of Disney's Aladdin Jr!

Alex