1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Custom figures and dioramas

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. GAR

GAR New Member

I am actually in doubt if I should keep the plastic cape or not. A cloth cape from a more current Darth Vader figure could work as well and be more in tune with the other Palisades figures... The effect on the cuffs is made with the grip of the handle of my hobby knife, which has that knurled structure. I sculpted the cuffs first, then I 'rolled' the structure onto it.

Thanks!! Very cool to have your blessing. After all, it is your recipe I stole/borrowed. As said, ever since I first saw your custom I wanted to have one myself. My next customs will be all originals!!

Thanks!!! And no, the play set is the original set by Palisades. But posed my custom in that set on my toy shelf. That is where Dearth Nadir belongs.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

That Nigel looks great, man.
  3. j3h

j3h Active Member

I don't remember if I posted these ages ago or not, but I did do a pirate custom.
    while not from POTC or from MTI, I wanted to do a display that used the MTI figures that was more along the line of "if the Muppet Show was on now and Johnny Depp was a guest, this would be a skit they did"...Though I do think they could of used Uncle Deadly as the blind pirate or one of the crew if he wasn't completely forgotten about.
    anyway...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

No sweat... many's the time I think up a brilliant Muppet custom, only to realize I'm subconsciously copying something Quinn did years before!

Alex
  5. Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor Active Member

Love the pics! :D
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

7. BobbyBenson

BobbyBenson New Member

hi.im kind of new to the custom muppet making,but i have already collected the entire muppet palisade cast twice.i am very impressed with some of your work,especially dearth's.keep you posted.:);):D:fanatic::jim:
  8. BobbyBenson

BobbyBenson New Member

9. muppetlover123

link dosnt work
  10. BobbyBenson

BobbyBenson New Member

do you guys know how to post pics on the site?
  11. BobbyBenson

BobbyBenson New Member

if you guys know hYow to post pics on the site,please tell me.SHOW ME THE WAY!
  12. muppetlover123

you have to have a 3rd party link like post it on facebook or tumbler twitter or photo bucket
  13. BobbyBenson

BobbyBenson New Member

14. muppetlover123

15. GAR

GAR New Member

I've been away for a while and although the Piggy I am making is still not finished, I started another project right after I saw the amazing Muppet art that Ken Haeser posted online a while ago. So, inspired by his sketch here's Animal as Wolverine:
    [​IMG]

Animal started out as a Palisades World Tour animal and still has all of his articulation. I'm thinking about remaking the box he came in as well, to reflect the character he now is. Sadly, with the claws attached he does not fit inside it anymore...
    [​IMG]

Hope you all like! I just love how he came out!
  16. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Love it! Great work on the hair.

Alex
  17. GAR

GAR New Member

Thanks! You are the master customizer here. Feels good that you like it :news:
    The hair was actually the most difficult part. It had to look as if it was styled like this, yet on the original figure it was going in exactly the opposite direction. So there had to be quite some cutting and pasting. After that I could not get the colors to match up, so I decided to go for a more 'red' face instead of the more purple of the original figure. As said, I love how he came out. Probably my favorite Muppets custom thus far (but I only made three and a half...)
  18. catherine

catherine Active Member

love animal as wolverine, he looks pretty awesome.
  19. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

wow that animal is amazing love it so much :)
    catherine likes this.
  20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I love this. Thank you for sharing! :halo: