Custom figures and dioramas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries man, when you're able we'll talk shop.
In the meantime, brake a leg. :halo: Me brake leg for you!

Heh, Angel of Death... Too bad I already slotted Beaker to be the Invisible Man. Still got another hundred haunters to gather to complete my thousand tally and beat the Haunted Mansion's record.

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I got the backdrop, thanks.
The figure I was considering is standarded Robin, I already have scout robin, but how would it work out geting it to you and back, and payment?

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I also need to find a strangepork head and gonzo body (with camilla possibly) so I can start making my first custom.

Dearth

Reaction score
I also need to find a strangepork head and gonzo body (with camilla possibly) so I can start making my first custom.
Gonzo in the purple tux? Going to make the proto-Strangepork pig from Season One?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=119278&imagewidth=922&imageheight=467
(seen at far left)

In another thread I recently observed that purple tux Gonzo is a very useful figure. The tux can be used for several other characters, the head can be used for various Gonzo customs, and you can NEVER have too many chickens. Whenever I find a purple tux Gonzo for cheap, I go ahead and buy it.

Anyway, to put the Strangepork head on the purple tux Gonzo neck post, you may have to enlarge the hole slightly. Be careful when removing the heads. If either neck post breaks, you're in for a very complicated time.

That happened to me when I did a Steppin' Out Strangepork using the black tux Gonzo.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=126869&imagewidth=356&imageheight=520

The entire neck assembly broke off with the Gonzo head and I had to fill in the hollow body with Super Sculpey and use a piece of wooden dowel for a new neck post.

By the way, both of these customs-- proto-Strangepork and Steppin' Out Strangepork-- required parts from a third character to complete them... the hands of Scooter, painted skintone.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
yep, im actully going to make sevral backround pigs including proto strangepork, i knew about the hands but i figured i could save money by painting gonzos hands. btw, any ideas what to do with the extra gonzo heads?:concern:

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
You could always attach them to the figures you're taking the other heads from... so you could have a Pigs in Space Gonzo....

Muppetaz

Reaction score
ha, GGGGOOONNNNZZZOOO IIINNN SSSPPPAAACCCEEE! also does anyone know which figures I could use as bases for, Baskerville, Sal, and Mahna Mahna, (I'm not building the figures, I'm just drawing designs.)

Dearth

Reaction score
yep, im actully going to make sevral backround pigs including proto strangepork, i knew about the hands but i figured i could save money by painting gonzos hands.
That's an option, but if you're not concerned about the difference in texture between the hands and face, you could also cut Strangepork's smooth gloved hands off at the wrist, paint those fleshtone, and glue them onto the tux arms. That way he'd at least have the correct number of fingers.

Scooter's hands aren't quite perfect, since he doesn't have the little shirt-sleeve edge that Gonzo's do. But they're a great size, the pegs fit the existing hole well enough without modification, the texture matches the Strangepork head, and they've got the right number of fingers.

I've used all the Scooter hands for various projects, and 'iirc' any of them would work. Movie Usher Scooter, Super Scooter. Maybe you can find one of them for cheap.

You could always attach them to the figures you're taking the other heads from... so you could have a Pigs in Space Gonzo....
I have mocked this together several times when my customs have yielded those leftover parts at the same time, but for some reason I never keep him permanently. I think it's the sudden extra finger on Gonzo and the slightly longer legs, he just looks so off-model.

also does anyone know which figures I could use as bases for, Baskerville, Sal, and Mahna Mahna, (I'm not building the figures, I'm just drawing designs.)
Hmm... I've never contemplated Baskerville or Mahna Mahna. Sal is a frequent request, since he's one of Palisades' proposed figures that sadly never got produced. Someone once said they were going to try to modify a Donkey Kong action figure for Sal, but I never saw any photos of this.

Baskerville... nothing is popping to mind except Beaker, because of the skinniness, and he's an expensive figure to customize (and there are so many Beaker customs that can pop to mind for him once you have an extra). Since there's going to be a lot of sculpting done on the surface for Baskerville, you might be better off just making a wire armature and sculpting the entire figure from scratch.

Mahna Mahna... I'd go with the daredevil Gonzo as the base body for this. Furry legs, furry arms, general shape and size. Sculpt the head, torso, extra digits, and feet, bam.

Of course, then you'll want Snowths. So you might want to nab two extra daredevil Gonzos while you're procuring your figures. Same general recipe.

What would be really neat, but expensive, would be to find someone who can recast parts with Hydrogrow, a material that expands in water. Have them recast the Palisades Mini Muppets of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, enlarge them, and then use those enlargements to cast figure-sized versions.

I bought an extra set of Snowths from eBay and sliced their base down the middle so they can stand to either side of Mahna Mahna. If anyone finds a Hydrogrow-recaster and wants to have molds made, I'll loan my separated Snowths out for the casting process.

Of course, once I knew someone who could up-size the Mini Muppets, I'd want enlargements of Thog and Doglion too, but by that point the cost in materials would be out of my comfort zone.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
ask Zoot the sax man:cool:, he made doglion and thog from scratch and is selling them on ebay, they look pretty awesome and are in scale.

and for mahna mahna stunt man gonzo body, and Lew Zealand head