Creepiest Muppet Moment

Frogster

Reaction score
Not sure if this is so much creepy as it is awkward, and I know I've mentioned this before, but when Kermit's in the hospital, and Linda Lavin's examining him... I could never tell if that was supposed to be funny or not. It's like the awkward part of the movie lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
What about that dumb "Those are my Nipples" joke from Muppet Oz? Seems like it would have been funny on the blooper reel... not so much in the actual product, where it came off as semi-disturbing.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Plenty of stuff from TMS.

"You Do Something to Me" from the Peter Ustinov episode stands out in my mind currently. (Svengali in general scares the living whozits out of me.)

I guess Kermit and Gonzo getting torn up in MWoO is kinda creepy.

Ernie's zombie mode in the second part of the Sesame Street bit with the Count sleeping over.

"What a Wonderful World" and "Sonny Boy" from TMS. (The former is beautiful, but maybe because the animals are most likely deceased is creepy...)

I'll post more when I can think of more.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Not sure if this is so much creepy as it is awkward, and I know I've mentioned this before, but when Kermit's in the hospital, and Linda Lavin's examining him... I could never tell if that was supposed to be funny or not. It's like the awkward part of the movie lol
Yea, that was always a wierd part of the movie. I don't know if it ever creeped me out but I do know that whenever it comes up I'm relecutant to want to watch it.

There was this episode of Muppets Tonight where Sal is learning either chirproactics or acupuncture or something like that and he tries to realign Kermits neck. Anyway, he ends up throwing Kermit to the ground, jumping on him and then when we see Kermit again, his head is updise down (kinda like Daffy Duck's whenver he get's shot)

CountFan1998

Reaction score
For me it's the creepy HUGGA WUGGA. For those of you who have seen the 'What sketches scared you' thread under 'Classic Sesame Street', you know THE creepiest part are Hugga's eyes. I was so afraid that I haven't seen a picture recently until I read the Muppet Wiki article and saw the giant muppet monsters freaky eyes and shivered!

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
At that point I'm always too busy trying to recover from the trauma of Kermit getting hit by a car to wonder if it's supposed to be funny or not. Plus, just seeing poor little Kermie in the hospital pains me...

dwmckim

Reaction score
I vote funny. Again it seems things so many others found creepy, i loved! ("Peachy.")

I still contend that the nipples line in MWOO wasn't that bad. But Pepe's huge reaction overkilled it. If it was just a quick throwaway line from Gonzo and just went right on to a character's next line, it would have worked better and not so many people would have been disturbed by it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Agreed on the "nipples" line, dw. If they had just had Gonzo say the line, walk off, then maybe have Pepe nod as if he understands and then do a double-take, I think it would have been a lot funnier.

And I never found the MTM hospital scene "creepy," though I didn't really get that it was supposed to be funny until a few years ago. While re-watching it, I stupidly thought, "wait a minute... they don't REALLY twist your arm around like that at the doctor!"

Love the bit about his reflexes. "A little slow. And confused. No doubt about it, you have amnesia." Really? That's how they test for amnesia? :stick_out_tongue:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Does anybody else think that the scene in MWOO where Gonzo goes into the Wizard's lair and there's some scantily clad woman that slowly turns into a large CGI chicken was rather creepy?