Creepiest Muppet Moment

kdking

Reaction score
When I was young it was "The Phantom of the Muppet Show". Uncle Deadly creeped me right out :scary:
I think it was his eyes that were the scariest. I mean, the other Muppets had big, round, ping-pong ball eyes, but his were small and sunk back in his head, and just generally creepy looking. Of course, now that I'm older I think he is one of the best designed characters they have.

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Definitely the teeth from the Alice Cooper episode, though they were somewhat funny.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I always loved things like the Muppet monsters and the things that would usually scare or creep other people out didn't have that effect on me. I just couldn't get enough of the weird stuff.

But the Whistle a Happy Tune number from SST (episode 131 on the old school dvds) really creeped me out - not the monsters and anything scary but the kid that comes up to them at the end scaring the monsters away creeped me out to - just something about the way he'd say "Hi fellas" just send chills down my spine.

But like i say, scary/freaky stuff and Muppet monsters - no problem! Show a film with slow music like the sad flower or milk film or have Bob come on with no Muppets singing and i'd run and hide in the closet until it was over!

GONZO 13

Reaction score
When I was young it was "The Phantom of the Muppet Show". Uncle Deadly creeped me right out :scary:
I think it was his eyes that were the scariest. I mean, the other Muppets had big, round, ping-pong ball eyes, but his were small and sunk back in his head, and just generally creepy looking. Of course, now that I'm older I think he is one of the best designed characters they have.
I agree with you. When i was younger, i thought he was creepy! :crazy:
But now i think hes so cool!:concern:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, monsters never really scared me either. Old movies that popped and hissed scared me, and still scare me. Something about knowing that everyone on the screen is now dead, and the eery, pale look to everything... brrrrrrrr! Freaky! That's the kind of stuff that scared me as a kid.

I don't think there's anything Muppety like that...

chudman1000

Reaction score
Hmmm..creepiest muppet moment? Well I can think of a few that creeped me out when I was little. Like "Sammy the Snake" on Sesame Street, or the ghost version of Kermit in "Disco Frog". I'm sure I could think of more given some time. However the worst one for me was any moment that involved Animal, as I was scared to death of him when I was little. Funny how he would not only eventually become one of my favorites, but would also be standing in the corner of my living room in the form of a Muppet poser!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The world in which Kermit never existed kinda freaks me out now. Especially Beaker...and also Scooter, but not as freaky as Beaker, in my opinion. :eek:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
We used to have theses Sesame Street tapes when I was a kid (okay, I sitll have them but that's besides the point. I used to listen to them before I went to bed. Anyway there was this one little skit where Cookie Monster went on a magical journey to find something to have everlasting joy and happiness. It was the freakiest thing I'd ever heard and laying in a dark room at night didn't help matters much.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Aww...now Frazzle's a perfect example of what i was talking about earlier how i've always loved the Muppet Monsters and they never scared me. Frazzle's always been one of my favorites.

But...apparently you weren't alone in finding him creepy. In the early 90's when Jerry Nelson was doing a lot on Sesame Street due to Henson/Hunt's being gone and Oz's unavailability and a lot of classic Nelson characters were seeing a revival of sorts, Frazzle started making some frequent appearances not only in inserts but on street scenes. But the thing is, probably in a way to make him less scary, they started establishing that Frazzle is the way he is because he's a younger monster and was often seen among those in Gina's day care! I actually found that new "take" on Frazzle kind of creepy.