"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
...or they just swallow their pride like other Disney Channel employees and do it for the money.

I'm sure the two, who are good puppeteers, are glad to be performing on TV regularly, but I have a theory that no one on a Disney sitcom is proud of what they do. I can't imagine any of the ANT Farm writers turning in a script and saying "Now, THIS is what I'll be remembered for!"
You have a point. Still, Crash and Bernstein is the only thing I can tolerate on Disney XD. I love Crash's line in the latest episode, "This is basketball, not a Lady Gaga concert!"

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Check out these two interviews where Tim gets to let loose and ad-lib with Crash:
and
For some reason, he reminds me of Walter from the new Muppet movie. I didn't get a chance to see the videos yet but I'll probably watch them later.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure the two, who are good puppeteers, are glad to be performing on TV regularly, but I have a theory that no one on a Disney sitcom is proud of what they do. I can't imagine any of the ANT Farm writers turning in a script and saying "Now, THIS is what I'll be remembered for!"
You could say that for quite a bit of television shows. The more depressing thing is when someone's absolutely proud of something that's usually embarrassing to do. I'm sure the writers of this show are under a LOT of executive and network pressure to keep the series a certain way.

Seems like if anything, Crash is the most interesting part of the show... but let's face it. So wasn't ALF. ALF, Willie, the Ochmoneks, maybe Kate and her mother at times. Who watched ALF for Brian or Lynne? It's one of my favorite shows, sure... but you could have done the thing entirely with just ALF, Willie and the Ochmoneks and it would have worked. Seems the humans in this series are stock sitcom cliches (I have to watch to really get a feel, after all), but Crash is the one the action focuses on. Doesn't seem too out of the question for this kind of program.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm watching the show on Disney XD, I found the title on the digital cable listings. You know what this reminds me of? Cousin Skeeter and Alf. It's kind of like that in my opinion. I like the puppeteers' voice but personally I think the puppet looks too Muppet style. Unlike Cousin Skeeter who even though was made of the similar material, the character has a more unique creative style.

Anyway, I think the show looks good but personally I prefer Cousin Skeeter much better. More slapstick in Skeeter. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of this. It's very childish humor. But that's what your going to get from a channel meant for 9-12 year olds. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh where's the glory days of 90s Nickelodeon, they had the best shows :smile: Thank Nick they are bringing back the old shows on Teen Nick late at night. I was watching an episode of All That and laughing like I was growing up with the network. But yeah, I only watched 5 or 10 minutes of it too, basically act 3 when the show was ending. It seems like Cousin Skeeter / Alf sort of thing where it's one puppet with a live human cast. It's kind of a cool concept and I really like the voice of Crash and even the puppetry is very good, but like you mentioned, it's the writing. But personally I only watched a little bit of it. Sometimes it takes me a few episodes of a new show to make a final decision if I like something or not. It took me years to like Crank Yankers. lol