1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by snichols1973, Oct 8, 2012.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Een though it's not produced by the JHC, it has its Muppet connections via Tim Lagasse, who has worked with Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa, and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss (BitBBH and TWWoDrS were produced the Jim Henson Co.).

Just in case you missed the debut episode, it's scheduled to be re-shown this Tuesday (Oct. 9th) at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time and 8 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, Oct. 11th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_&_Bernstein
  2. Walter

Walter Active Member

I don't get Disney XD, but I will be sure to watch it on the Disney XD app when it shows up. :):fanatic:
  3. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

Just Watched It, Yeaaaahhhh, They Could've Done A Bit Better!! It Feels Like Recycled Plots From Other It's A Laugh Disney XD Shows But Only With A Puppet, All I Could Say IS It's Not Good, It's Not Great, It's Just Decent!! And That's All I Could Say About This Premiere, And If They Wanted Crash To Destroy Things, They've Could've Just With Crash Being Like Crazy Harry, No Biggie, But Nope, They Didn't, They Made Him Look... Like Walter!!, Yeaaaaahhhhh, I Really Do Hate Saying That! Espeially To A Great Muppet! Now This Has No Offence To Crazy Harry Fans, And I DO Like Crazy Harry, On Which They Could've Built The Puppet Designs Like!! But Nope They Made Look Like, Well, You Know Who Already!! And The Last Thing I'm Going TO SAY IS... That I'd Give It A 6.5/10!!
  4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

It reminded me a little of Alf actually......It was a fun show to watch with the kids and really it is nice to see anything with a puppet in it . That being said something seemd off with the puppetry. It wasn't bad but the filming of it seemed off...like the director wasn't sure how to capture the puppet with the lense at times...like the puppet seemed a little too high in some scenes. Also prop handling (which as a puppeter is always something I find difficult) seemed a little odd at times....you could see the rod holding the props in at least one scene. That kind of made the puppets arm rods stand out a tad more...and I'm not opposed to seeing puppet arm rods, but crash's seemed to stand out a bit more than say sesame street or Muppets (before they digitally removed them)...that being said I did like Crash's personality.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I really have no desire to watch this (some of the Disney XD shows aren't THAT bad; I kinda like Pair of Kings and Lab Rats [the extent I've seen of it]). But I have one question: Did the "Crash" puppet the boy bought come with arm rods, otherwise the clip I saw had them in (which is odd since Disney has been removing them), which doesn't make him believable as a full sentient being.

Am I thinking too much about it?
  6. DannyRWW

Hes never mentioned as being a puppet (despite the references in promo commercials)....more of a doll (his sisters take him to something like build a bear)...his arm rods are very much easy to see though in the show.... I guess I don't mind arm rods showing but these seem to be rather thick and obvious as opposed to the Muppets being more subtle...it doesn't help that some of the props he's handling are on the same type of rods....its not that bad a a show though...but not the most amazing thing out there...rather watch muppets
  7. DannyRWW

and he has an unhealthy obsession with swords
  8. MrBabySpencer

Just Watched The Recording Again, And Saw The Arm Rods, LOL!!
  9. DannyRWW

Went to the website yesterday and my 3 year old daughter is obsessed with crash now . They've got a couple games you can play. But she wanted to watch the episode again. LIke I said my kids love the show but I seem to keep criitiquing the puppetry. Oh well...there are worse things on TV they could watch and since I don't get cable its nice to see episodes available on the internet
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the show?
    Hold on...lettme get my swear jar.
    "Mahsohoscgkbdbbb bdcdsjbc hfvabwu!"

OK. I'm done.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Yeah, they did kinda make him look like Walter. And I kept forgetting it wasn't Walter. I wish he looked much different. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Does anyone know who built this puppet? Was it the Muppet Workshop?
  12. MrBabySpencer

Nope, It Wasn't Puppet Heap (Who Currently Builds The Muppet Puppets)
    It Was Built By Chiodo Brothers Productions, Inc,
  13. MrBabySpencer

Here Are The Rating For This Week's Episode
    OUCH!! For The Ratings At The Least, But Then Again, It DID Compete Against ESPN Football!!
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratin...-monday-night-football-369515/cable_20121008/
    Crash & Bernstein - Disney XD
    0.634 million viewers, #25; 0.083 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #29

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2012/10/09/mondays-cable-ratings-espn-remains-untouchable-with-monday-night-football-369515/cable_20121008/#H4zmbU0f5fWPVJ1e.99
  14. Muppet fan 123

BTW, the first episode is free on iTunes for now. But it'll be taken down soon, so grab the opportunity now.

I don't want to call the show decent, but I am just glad Disney is doing a show like this. And hey! Who knows? It might even attract more kids to the Muppets. (I hope it does)
    All the greatness of the show obviously comes from Crash, who is almost Muppet-style. Everything around Crash seems to be extremely stupid. All that "Guy stuff" humor. All just plain stupid.
  15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode. I think it's okay. I wouldn't want to record it on my DVR, but I would certainly watch when it comes on.
  16. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I just saw that too! It was funny!
  17. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode online. Well...part of it. Up until the puppet headbutts the kid. By that time I'd seen quite enough and hit the back button.

The family is annoying and cliche. Crash is Walter with "attitude" in place of charm and craftsmanship. I don't find anything aout the show funny.

It could be worse. It's a Disney production, so they could conceivably have had actual Muppets. That would have hurt.
  18. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

does anyone know if this in the uk or coming to the uk ?
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's more than I'd bother. I watched the promo and actually wanted to see it up until the Puppet farts at the end.

I'm glad they're trying with other puppet venues, but if we're getting an extreme 'tude show for 10 year olds, count me out. I'd rather see the Muppet viral videos start up again. It's like once the movie came out on DVD, they just stopped really caring.
  20. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Honestly, I think there is too much thought going into this over the arm rods. Why hide them? It's part of puppetry, no? If you want them to start doing that, then they might as well use a CGI image rather than a puppet in the first place...

It's a show about a puppet, why do we have to be convinced it's a sentient being at all?