"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

snichols1973

Reaction score
Een though it's not produced by the JHC, it has its Muppet connections via Tim Lagasse, who has worked with Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa, and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss (BitBBH and TWWoDrS were produced the Jim Henson Co.).

Just in case you missed the debut episode, it's scheduled to be re-shown this Tuesday (Oct. 9th) at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time and 8 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, Oct. 11th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_&_Bernstein

Walter

Reaction score
I don't get Disney XD, but I will be sure to watch it on the Disney XD app when it shows up. :smile::fanatic:

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Just Watched It, Yeaaaahhhh, They Could've Done A Bit Better!! It Feels Like Recycled Plots From Other It's A Laugh Disney XD Shows But Only With A Puppet, All I Could Say IS It's Not Good, It's Not Great, It's Just Decent!! And That's All I Could Say About This Premiere, And If They Wanted Crash To Destroy Things, They've Could've Just With Crash Being Like Crazy Harry, No Biggie, But Nope, They Didn't, They Made Him Look... Like Walter!!, Yeaaaaahhhhh, I Really Do Hate Saying That! Espeially To A Great Muppet! Now This Has No Offence To Crazy Harry Fans, And I DO Like Crazy Harry, On Which They Could've Built The Puppet Designs Like!! But Nope They Made Look Like, Well, You Know Who Already!! And The Last Thing I'm Going TO SAY IS... That I'd Give It A 6.5/10!!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It reminded me a little of Alf actually......It was a fun show to watch with the kids and really it is nice to see anything with a puppet in it . That being said something seemd off with the puppetry. It wasn't bad but the filming of it seemed off...like the director wasn't sure how to capture the puppet with the lense at times...like the puppet seemed a little too high in some scenes. Also prop handling (which as a puppeter is always something I find difficult) seemed a little odd at times....you could see the rod holding the props in at least one scene. That kind of made the puppets arm rods stand out a tad more...and I'm not opposed to seeing puppet arm rods, but crash's seemed to stand out a bit more than say sesame street or Muppets (before they digitally removed them)...that being said I did like Crash's personality.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really have no desire to watch this (some of the Disney XD shows aren't THAT bad; I kinda like Pair of Kings and Lab Rats [the extent I've seen of it]). But I have one question: Did the "Crash" puppet the boy bought come with arm rods, otherwise the clip I saw had them in (which is odd since Disney has been removing them), which doesn't make him believable as a full sentient being.

Am I thinking too much about it?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hes never mentioned as being a puppet (despite the references in promo commercials)....more of a doll (his sisters take him to something like build a bear)...his arm rods are very much easy to see though in the show.... I guess I don't mind arm rods showing but these seem to be rather thick and obvious as opposed to the Muppets being more subtle...it doesn't help that some of the props he's handling are on the same type of rods....its not that bad a a show though...but not the most amazing thing out there...rather watch muppets

DannyRWW

Reaction score
and he has an unhealthy obsession with swords

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Went to the website yesterday and my 3 year old daughter is obsessed with crash now . They've got a couple games you can play. But she wanted to watch the episode again. LIke I said my kids love the show but I seem to keep criitiquing the puppetry. Oh well...there are worse things on TV they could watch and since I don't get cable its nice to see episodes available on the internet

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
My thoughts on the show?
Hold on...lettme get my swear jar.
"Mahsohoscgkbdbbb bdcdsjbc hfvabwu!"

OK. I'm done.