"Christmas Eve" Episode

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
The funniest answer was when Grover asked one child how Santa fits down the chimney and he said that Santa comes down with his reindeer. That's no answer; that's another question! LOL

That is exactly the one my brother and I always "make fun of"!! The thing that makes this montage especially funny is the way Grover reacts. Watch him. He gets this puzzling, even more confused way about him. Note Grover in this bit--

Boy: He gets his keys..
Grover: What keys?
Boy: Santa Claus keys.

Then Grover just stares at the ground pondering this.

Then the last little girl (had to be a year old) was going off on this whole scenario and you could barely figure out a thing she says cuz it makes no sense. Then Grover just turns to us and says "And there you have it!"

What a great idea to have Grover and Kermit ask all those kids about Santa. So spontanious and real. Remember when Grover acted out the improv with the kid named Billy. And Grover pretended he was Santa. That was so funny.

superfan

Reaction score
Oscar flying down the stairs and crashing through the walls.
Now THERE'S a holiday sentiment.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
That is exactly the one my brother and I always "make fun of"!! The thing that makes this montage especially funny is the way Grover reacts. Watch him. He gets this puzzling, even more confused way about him. Note Grover in this bit--

Boy: He gets his keys..
Grover: What keys?
Boy: Santa Claus keys.

Then Grover just stares at the ground pondering this.

Then the last little girl (had to be a year old) was going off on this whole scenario and you could barely figure out a thing she says cuz it makes no sense. Then Grover just turns to us and says "And there you have it!"

What a great idea to have Grover and Kermit ask all those kids about Santa. So spontanious and real. Remember when Grover acted out the improv with the kid named Billy. And Grover pretended he was Santa. That was so funny.

I think the little boy was trying to be silly because of the way he was laughing. LOL

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Perhaps there should be more Sesame Street (heck, more Muppet) specials about other holidays besides christmas. The muppets have done a lot of christmas specials and movies. Sesame Street has had a new years special, and two halloween videos, but why not thanksgiving? Or easter? Or valentines day? Or a holiday that doesn't get it's own specials very often, like April Fools Day or labor Day?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Bert and Ernie didn't need to pay him. That was Hooper's gift to them for Christmas. That was also one of the greatest Sesame Street scenes ever done, especially on Will Lee's part.

Bert: Ernie, we didn't get Mr. Hooper anything.
Ernie: Oh, you're right, Bert.
Hooper: You're wrong, boys! I got the best Christmas present ever.
Bert: What do you mean?
Ernie: Yeah, what do you mean?
Hooper: Well, I got see that everyone got exactly what they wanted for Christmas, huh. Merry Christmas!
I don't mean to get mushy, but whenever I watch this special, and this part comes on I always cry really hard, every time. I guess it's because Mr. Hooper died only 4 years later, and this shows what a great man he was, and how he truly cared about his friends on Sesame Street.

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Perhaps there should be more Sesame Street (heck, more Muppet) specials about other holidays besides christmas. The muppets have done a lot of christmas specials and movies. Sesame Street has had a new years special, and two halloween videos, but why not thanksgiving? Or easter? Or valentines day? Or a holiday that doesn't get it's own specials very often, like April Fools Day or labor Day?
I do remember an old short story about April Fool's Day in a Sesame Street magazine. Everyone kept tricking Big Bird and saying "April Fool." He thought that he was supposed to be the April Fool and since a fool is like a clown, he put on his clown outfit and had fun for the rest of the day being the April Fool.

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Thanksgiving seems to be the least celebrated holiday in popular culture and children's entertainment. I don't know; I guess there's only so much you can do with Pilgrims, Indians, and dead turkeys. LOL

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Biff and Sully would be good stars of a Labor Day special.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I don't mean to get mushy, but whenever I watch this special, and this part comes on I always cry really hard, every time. I guess it's because Mr. Hooper died only 4 years later, and this shows what a great man he was, and how he truly cared about his friends on Sesame Street.
I know what you mean, i usually get teary too. But not just during that part but also when Bob wishes Hooper "Happy Hannukah," the scene in the apartment when Gordon reminds Bird of the true meaning of Christmas (the "True Blue Miracle" reprise), Linda's special Christmas gift to Bob when she has taught the kids to sign Bob's song, and of course the very end in on the street when they are all together again. I loved that little moment after Gordon and Susan put Oscar's can back on the block and put their hand on the front for a moment as if to make sure Oscar is even safe and well on Christmas. That moment is very small and most wouldn't think of it but again adds soo much.