"Christmas Eve" Episode

bigbird

Reaction score
Although this was something different from the common episodes and all the skits were great, my personal favorite involved the pieces with Ernie and Bert. Ernie wanted to buy for Bert a cigar box to put his paper clip collection but had no money. Of course, this was a deal that was done at Mr. Hooper's store(where else?) Ernie was willing to trade his famed rubber duckie for the cigar box and although Mr. Hooper was making sure that that's what Ernie wanted to do, accepted the trade with a sad exit of ernie saying goodbye to his beloved pal! Just then, Bert walks in as Ernie is exiting. Bert now wants to "buy" a soap dish for Ernie to put his rubber duckie for when he takes a bath(get the picture so far?) Of course Bert has no money either but is willing to trade his paper clip collection(oh, god!) for the soap dish for Ernie. Needless to say, Mr. Hooper accepts his offer as well. The skit involving E&B finally opening their presents prove to be something really cool since neither one of them have their personal treasures to show how well they look in the presents they bought each other. Enter Mr. Hooper into their home, who gives both E&B a present each as well which turns out to be Bert's paper clip collection, and Ernie's rubber duckie. The end of the skit has both E&B puzzled as to how Mr. Hooper obtained both of their prized possessions at the same time and a hearty Merry Christmas exchanged between them both!
As the Christmas season approaches, I could not resist recapping this one!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
best Ss Special ever
I couldn't agree more!
(And may Jim Henson & Will Lee R.I.P. this holiday season):halo:

BEAR

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I couldn't agree more!
(And may Jim Henson & Will Lee R.I.P. this holiday season):halo:
And Northern Calloway!:smile:

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I think that was better than the others. But I hope they have another that is like that one using the whole Muppet cast of Sesame Street Instead of just Elmo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I loved it!!! See, their friendship means more to them than their rubber duckies and paperclips. And another thing too, Mr. Hooper was willing to give them back their prized possessions, despite the fact that now the cigar box and soap dish have yet to be paid for. But of course, Mr. Hooper wouldn't do that to them. (Cigar boxes are very useful y'know?)
Anyway, I agree that this is the best holiday special though, the only thing I like about Elmo Saves Christmas, is where the entire street gathered for a reprise of "Keep Christmas With You (All Through the Year)" in the arbor, while the only thing I liked about Elmo's World of Happy Holidays was the fact that it was teaching about other December holidays such as Hannukuh and Kwanza.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
rumtar_10165 said:
I think that was better than the others. But I hope they have another that is like that one using the whole Muppet cast of Sesame Street Instead of just Elmo.
Are you talking about Elmo Saves Christmas or Elmo's World: Happy Holidays?

I haven't seen Happy Holidays, but Elmo Saves Christmas had a good mix of characters. besides Elmo, there were sub-plots given to Big Bird, Snuffy, Maria, Luis, Gabbi, Grover, and Fat Blue. Oscar had a good amount of screen time, as did The Count and Bob. Not counting background appearances, there were cameos by Kermit, Cookie Monster, Ernie, and Bert, plus background appearances by Forgetful Jones and Herry Monster.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
it's Elmos World the others just live in it :frown: really sad

i will watch Christmas eve on SS next week or maybe i'll pull it out for my niece she is two she needs to see it

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Are you talking about Elmo Saves Christmas or Elmo's World: Happy Holidays?

I haven't seen Happy Holidays, but Elmo Saves Christmas had a good mix of characters. besides Elmo, there were sub-plots given to Big Bird, Snuffy, Maria, Luis, Gabbi, Grover, and Fat Blue. Oscar had a good amount of screen time, as did The Count and Bob. Not counting background appearances, there were cameos by Kermit, Cookie Monster, Ernie, and Bert, plus background appearances by Forgetful Jones and Herry Monster.
I agree. I watched "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays" recently and I realized that "Elmo Saves Christmas" was much better. "Happy Holiday's" focused too much on Elmo. But ESC was different. Though Elmo was the main character, a lot of others got some screen time as well.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I agree. I watched "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays" recently and I realized that "Elmo Saves Christmas" was much better. "Happy Holiday's" focused too much on Elmo.
Well it is titled "ELMO's World: Happy Holidays.":stick_out_tongue: