Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi AquaGGR, I'll answer your questions as best I can.

1 Yes, muffining is allowed, it's part of the nature of a forum like this. But someone might have looked at those posts that got deleted and thought: "is this muffining, which is generally allowed? or is this spam that'll get deleted for going against what the other people are complaining of in this very thread?"
2 If you have something to contribute to an older thread, please examine the time-stamps of the last few posts. If there's a sizeable gap between the last post posted and what you want to add, maybe it's a better idea to hold that information to yourself, perhaps try to add it into a post in another secondary-related yet more currently active thread.
3 The "Search" function on the forum does work, but it's somewhat finicky and you might have to do a bit of extra digging at times. Still, I would recommend using it or checking the list of active threads in the section you're thinking of before starting a new thread especially since multiple threads on the same subject do look rather clutterish at times.

Hope this helps. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Already posted this elsewhere, even sent the staff an email about it, but there are certain members who HAVE TO BE BANNED! ! !
Yes, I'm yelling about it because I'm as mad as Heck and I'm not going to take it any more! There's one jerk in particular who's deadset on super spam-bombing every thread in the FanFiction section. And by "every" thread, I mean "every" thread. Enough! This jerk obviously doesn't understand not to do this, but that their posts will be deleted because of such, even when they come back and keep posting what was just deleted over again. Gah, it makes me want to ram in their heads with a brick, that's how angry I am.

Phil, please, delete this idiot, immediately! :attitude: :grouchy: :mad:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yes, it's not only the fan fiction section. This person has made up rules that don't exist and spams threads without realizing it. Either this person needs to be spoken to, or banned. :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've basically just had to put all of these people on my ignore list, which I'm not happy about doing, because this is MC, we should be able to tolerate everybody here, but unfortunately, there are some cases where that's hard to do, and it's sad that it's come to a point where I actually HAVE to use my ignore list.

It also becomes frustrating and irritating when people I'm not ignoring end up getting dragged into off-topic conversations in the thread, thus making it look like the unignored member is multi-posting in the thread. That, and it becomes a drag seeing "Ignored Member" in recent activity on practically every other board on the index, or almost every thread within the board (again, one of these members has even confessed they like seeing their name in recent activity, because it makes them feel like they've "contributed" to the forum, but then that brings us back to the subject of posting for posting sake).

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Thankfully, I don't know who said spammers are. (except for that guy that keeps bumping the old threads)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The only age limit I'm aware of is when you sign up as a new member of the forums, and even that I'm not sure of is being fully enforced what with the people this place has attracted who are under the required age of 13 needing parental consent to register in the first place. All I can do is delete the spam-bombing posts at a major headache to myself while waiting for the forum administration to take hard action against the members carrying out such actions.

BTW: Casey, didn't know you were an Ed too.