Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't mean to be rude or call out another member, but...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/follow-that-bird-behind-the-scenes.51855/#post-902648

This member has a history of bumping old threads and replying with "I agree" with NO conversation added. Just 2 word non-objective posts for the sake of posts.

Now, this member replied in the aforementioned thread with an "I don't" to answer someone's question. Not an "I wish I could help you, but I can't. I'd love to see that too." Just an "I don't" that serves nothing to the conversation, and probably annoying the person who asked in the first place.

Can we have a rule that at the very least encourages people to give reasons why they agree or can't help?

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's getting better, though. it was a new thread this time. :rolleyes:

Now before this turns into a "Let so and so pollute the board with ok's and yeahs. Not letting him do so is bullying" argument, a conversation, even a muffined one, involves CONVERSATION. That's when you have one person say something and the other person either agrees and gives a reason or disagrees and gives a reason. "Ok" and "I don't" are head nods.

Plus, it's VERY rude to answer an internet board question with an "I can't help you" anyway, and it's just more polite to let the questions go unanswered. But just an "I don't"... any other board would pile on the member and call him out for such shenanigans. And in very hurtful language too. Thankfully we don't stoop to that here... but thread bumping and head nods are a nuisance, and the member clearly has no reason to be here. His stuff is spam level.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I honestly do not think this member gets it. A few of us, myself included, have already told him to not post simple "I agree" "I do" "I dont." and whatnot unless he has something valid to contribute :/

Vincent L

Reaction score
I agree.

Seriously now, why can't the members understand what we're talking about and stop posting pointless stuff?

catherine

Reaction score
I would post a reply if the conversation was interesting but I wouldn't do something like that as I have been on lots of forums, myself, where people do that.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Excactly, when I get the alert that someone replied, I get very excited and rush over to that thread, only to find "I don't".

Drtooth

Reaction score
But in all seriousness though the person who made that post is gonna get excited thinking someone has what she's looking for and she's gonna see "I don't."
That's what's rude about it. It offers no help at all and DOESN'T need to be posted.

it's not even a "I don't, but I wish I did." or "I don't, but I know someone who could" or even a polite let down as in "unfortunately, I can't find anything."

Just an I don't...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's why if I can't help someone on what their looking for I just don't say anything because it's already happened to me. Not on this forum but on other forums I'll go and ask if someone has any information that I'm looking for and I'd get all excited thinking they had it and it usually was just "I'm sorry" or "Nope." So yeah that is annoying.

By the way I don't even know if the person is a "she" or "he." So excuse my last post if your not a "she." Lol.