1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Mar 28, 2010.

1. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

IS ANYONE ELSE UNBELIEVABLY SCARED OF SEEING LUKE SKYWALKER GET HIS ARM CHOPPED OFF IN THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK???!!!???
  2. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I opened the box of ice cream cones today and there was a spider on the lid.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

ACK! SPIDER!
    *STOMP*

---------------------
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I got this sickening feeling in the gut of my stomach that there's some gang bangers living down the road from me.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I ACTUALLY sat through "A Special Sesame Street Christmas". For reals!
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Handed in a form for honors graduation today. I'm almost a big boy now. Yikes.
  7. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oh man, as excited as I am to graduate next year, don't even get me started on how terrifying the thought of graduating is. I'm not ready to be an adult! :o
    charlietheowl likes this.
  8. charlietheowl

I'm excited to graduate too, but this whole "adult" business is a little overwhelming. I'm taking a semester off to work on grad school applications, but it's still weird to think about how some of my friends have already landed jobs and stuff. The real world is not somewhere I feel at all prepared to live in.
    Puckrox likes this.
  9. Puckrox

I know what you mean. I'm not even sure if I'm going to grad school yet. I've been in talks with friends about moving to either LA or NYC once we're graduated, which is fabulous, but at the same time it's just so weird to think about moving and being an adult. When think about graduating I suddenly start thinking about getting a job and having a mortgage and raising a family and getting my own health insurance and - UGH. I'm not ready for any of that!
  10. charlietheowl

One of my friends got a job with Unilever starting in June of next year and he'll be starting off with a salary of $55,000 a year. Starting off! He's pretty much an adult now. Eventually I'll have to find a job, but like you said, it's a little overwhelming to think of all of that. Not to mention bills and stuff. Yicch.
  11. Puckrox

I wish I had a job where I started off with $55 k waiting for me when I graduate.
  12. charlietheowl

Me too! And he asked me if he should take it! I know he's nervous about pinning himself down to a career, but 55k is a lot of dough. Plus he gets cheap toiletries and stuff, which would be enough incentive to take the job for me.
    Puckrox likes this.
  13. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I watched a documentary on Fred Phelps.
    Nightmares. =S
  14. Puckrox

Nightmares indeed! I don't think I could sit through a documentary about that man. I think a piece of my soul would die.
    WhiteRabbit likes this.
  15. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

The call at seven this morning from a friend in New York City telling us he was coming by for a visit. ME: "Ok, great. See you then." >falls back to sleep< >wakes up like she was hit by lightening< "OMYGOSH! I'm in charge of the house now! NOOOO...!!"
  16. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I think mine did. ._.
    The guy interviewing the family (Louis Theroux <33) was mad patient. I probably would have been screaming after five seconds. XP
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance. Who's Fred Phelps?
  18. Puckrox

He's the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church. I think all religions are entitled to believe in whatever the heck they want, but this church pretty much just goes around and promotes hate. They're the ones who picket soldier's funerals. They're just... not good people... which is hard for me to say, because I like to think everyone is good deep down. But watching interviews and footage of them talking, it's just frustrating to no end.
  19. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

I agree. As a Presbyterian with many many Baptist friends and family, they are really corrupt and driven on anger. Icky. And not doing much to make Christians and Christianity look good. At. All.
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Seeing a clip of Andy Griffith (and Liz Sheridan) doing an implied sex scene for a new movie...

Not only has my childhood been raped, but so has my life. :cry: