BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Nick22

Reaction score
Well I hope you and everyone else effected by Irene is okay, TSSD.

Today we were driving home from my grandparents house (in Endicott), and as an effect from Irene, there was a ton rain and wind and the side view mirror on our RV just flew off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap... I thought this whole idea of "The Chew" was simply a joke Drtooth came up with, but apparentl y it's a REAL show! O.O :eek: :cry:

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
Well, we have "What Made You Smile Today", "What Made You Frown Today", "What Made You Laugh Today", "I Did Something Stupid Today", "I Saw Something Weird Today", "How Are You Today" threads... we might as well have a "What Scared You Today" thread to go along with the lot.

Anyway, here's what scared me today, but the story sort of goes back to yesterday - as I was fixing lunch yesterday, I got to thinking about how there are songs out there where a loved one or a love interest's name is a part of the song (i.e. "Cathy's Clown", "Jenny (867-5309)", "Johnny Angel", "Along Comes Mary", etc), and I was thinking about surely there must be one song out there that has She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's name in it?

So anyway, out of the clear blue today, my mom came up to me and told me to look for a certain song by a certain 80s group that would answer that exact question... that really kinda freaked me out a bit, because I never said anything about it, but again, I was thinking about that yesterday, and for her to mention it today, it's almost like she's reading my mind. O.O

EDIT: Okay, I found the song, but I'm not sure if it counts on a technicality (the names are spelled differently).
omg you like the song Johnny Angel and Cathy's Clown me too

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Found out my dad went to the hospital today! Gave me quite a scare but he keeps insisting that he's fine.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------
Hope he's okay, bazooka beak. Do you know yet what's wrong?
:sympathy:

Nick22

Reaction score
I stayed after school today for a club meeting, and figured I'd catch the late bus home. Of course, there was no late bus today. I had a mini heart attack, but then I just called my mom from my friend's cell and she came and got me.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hope he's okay, bazooka beak. Do you know yet what's wrong?
:sympathy:
Thank you newsman :smile: It was an issue with his pacemaker. They had to do some kind of procedure, and he says that everything is OK now. I don't live close enough (several states away!) to go check on him :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my "liked" videos on YouTube today, and saw the "playlist" went all the way back to early 2008... LOOONG before YouTube replaced the perfectly fine 5-star rating system with the immature thumbs up/thumbs down like/dislike rating.