Bill Murray voicing Garfield

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I already said I wasn't a Space Jam fan, but I DID like the look of Bugs and Daffy in Jordan's house, and wish they would do a live-action/animated film like that---or is that what the new film will be like?
That was my favorite part too.

From what I saw of the trailer, that is what it's going to be like. It looks pretty cool. They show Bugs and Daffy in a car. Adn, I think the whole thing might take place in the live action world for the most part.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes I'm looking forward to all the Duck Dogers and loony Tunes stuff coming out as well!

As for Garfield I thinky they really should stick to Garfeild looking like Garfield and as for talking use him just like he is in the cartoon, no moving mouth...only when eatting:wink: "Homeward Bound style"

I didn't like what they did in Cats & Dogs, there was TOO much eye movement it did NOT look right, I think they shouldn't have tampered with the eye's "and mouths" of the animals that much. The way animals eye's are naturaly show much more personality.

Zack,

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Making the characters in the style of Homeward Bound would be the best way to go (except for maybe the live animals bit), and it would be closest to the cartoon and comic series... very accurate.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just wondering: Why do CGI, live-action? Why not just stick to animation--but GOOD animation?

What do you think about cartoons being turned into live-action? For, against, or don't care? And Why?

And the world missed out by not having a Calvin and Hobbes movie! JHC could have been involved had it been live-action!

I'm not so against it, but as a cartoonist I think if the first full-length feature film the characters have ever starred in it should be animation to keep up with its comic strip counterpart.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The thing about Garfield is that a movie would have to go a different rout. Unfortunately, Garfield is no longer a big property. It's turned into cheese in the minds of most Americans. We're now at a time that ALF is more hip than Garfield. This movie - and going a different way - could change all that. They had to do something new for the film. I just hope it's not too new.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Whatever they do, I just hope they maintain the integrity of the characters.

However much integrity a fat, lazy, antisocial, sarcastic cat might have, that is.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
What do you think about cartoons being turned into live-action? For, against, or don't care? And Why?
Personally, don't care, so long as the movie is good. Scooby Doo to me was a waste of time, money, talent, everything. Flintstones, on the other hand, I did like. It was done rather well. The Jetsons Movie could have been so much better. I sorta liked it, but, you know... I'm still waiting for a live-action Jetsons movie.

It all depends on how they do it. A movie can be really bad either by sticking to animation, or going live-action. It all depends.

I agree, though. They really do need to do a Calvin and Hobbes Movie. They could do it in live-action, and it'd be really good. It's the type of comic just begging t be made into a good movie. But, knowing Hollywood, they'd probably gear the movie mainly toward kids, and loose the whole audience. With the right kid, and the right people to do Hobbes (whether he be CGI or, preferably, animatronic/puppet) it could have been really good. It still could be, if it's ever made. I can just see how they start it off: With the classic bit from the comics. Class photos. Calvin sits nicely, neatly in the chair, then as soon as the camera goes off, the funny face comes out. Then his parents sit straring at that awful picture on their mantel piece.
"... That's one we're sending to YOUR parents."

Something like that. But, it'll probably never happen. Hehe! You just wasted 2 minutes of your life on my post! Good day!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the movie would work if all of the animals were cgi and the humans were human! or if everyone was cgi...but i don't like the fact that garfield is going to be the only cgi character in the movie...that's not good thinking in my opinion

ryan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
ORRRR what if the humans were CGI and the animals were real?

Nah, I'd guess that'd be weird.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
ORRRR what if the humans were CGI and the animals were real?

Nah, I'd guess that'd be weird.
that really would be weird..not to many people would see the movie it was going to be like that

ryan