Bill Murray voicing Garfield

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Jim Davis: "The goal there is to make you believe that we found a cat that did all those things, even though it was all created in a computer. A tremendous amount of research and development has gone into making that cat look absolutely real."

This is what I think will screw up a lot of the movie. So many film-makers these days are so concerned with making the characters "look" real that they completely overlook making the characters "act" real. That's what really needs to be focussed on. It is crucial for them to remember that every movement has an equal and opposite reaction. That's what really blew Yoda and the agents in the 2nd Matrix even. Yoda raced around far too fast... and I know that's science fiction, but this is ridiculous! They need to focus on the movement of clothing and, especially for this movie, the movement of fur. By far the best animation of fur was Pixar's Monsters Inc. in the shot where Sully falls off the sled in the Alps and his fur is blowing in the wind. I shudder at the realism. If they focused on that, I think they could pull it off.

Still, I would rather see Garfield as his cartoonish self, only realistic; but I'm excited to see what he'd look like as a real feline.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Mutts or Get Fuzzy would make for a great movie, I think.
I think Get Fuzzy would make a great movie. I don't think I would like CGI characters. They would have to be cartoony. The characters aren't meant to be real, and they aren't meant to look real. (Althought I do know a cat who is missing teeth and looks quite a bit like Bucky). The sad thing is that many animated movies don't do well anymore. People are looking for the latest in technology. For instance, Finding Nemo. The movie was great eye candy, and you don't see that in traditionaly animated films.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I know,I know, it's an old thread.

They should've just modernized the designs from 1987's "Dear Diary" calender.(Or they could've taken the Roger Rabbit route....)You know, instead of busting their butts making a cruddy CGI disaster that will appall fans and enrage movie critics.

- :embarrassed:

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
wow i just noticed this post...
funny though, i remember checking the credits of the cartoon cause i thought that Bill Murray was the voice of Garfield.

I love Garfield and US Acres. One of fave episodes was the one where Garfield broke Jon's record player. Jon wanted to impress his date with it. So he ran all over trying to find another record player and no one knew what he was talking about. Then he found one at an antique shop or something.
Then the Puss 'n' Boots episode is awesome too.
Hopefully, if they make a movie it don't turn out like some of the other remakes.

like, The Cat in the Hat is really a disappointment.