Bill Murray voicing Garfield

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, but in the cartoon he was so girlish! It's annoying.

Now back to y'all's topic.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh nermal had a female voice alright in the cartoon, but i don't think they would say he if it wasn't ture, it just seems odd to me, I'll aways think of "him" and a "her" like Pat from SNL, well i guess it really is a her then;-) i did think of treelo as a male thought.

No, i know there was no drug taking in the Scooby movie, that's why i called them "hints" and i know Scooby was a 70's thing, I just feel there should be more anti drug "Dare" things on TV and movies for kids, like the all star Cartoon specail that was made in like 1989-1990 or something, they should really re-air that if they can. There's just too much drug jokes out there now it's in everything, i'm not saying the whole thing should disipear, because it won't, but they should tone it down a bit with everything i mean not just talking about scooby here.

But this is one of those topics that I don't really like talking about, I know I did bring it up but I just don't want to upset anyone or have anyone upset me for that mater, not that anyone has or anything or that it would lead that way, but i just would hate for that to happen.

It's funny how they made Space Jam a BIG thing yet it was really put together badly, I don't think it explained Lola Bunny very well, she just "show's up out of no where" there were some neat things in the movie but they could have done a lot better.

Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always felt that Bugs Bunny had a starlet for a girlfriend. You know, how they used to have characters of famous people do cameos in the classic shorts? I always thought Bugs was dating such stars (Veronica Lake, Garbo etc) and not cartoon bunnies. I guess today it would be Angelina Jolie or Halle Berry. Lola Bunny to me is like a Scrappy Doo or a Skeeter. Just an unnecessary and forgettable character put in place when either the writers are uninspired or trying hard to be PC.

On the drug front. I don't do them, people shouldn't do them, but adding a Dare message to Scooby Doo would have been lame and would have turned off more of the target audience than they would having the very slight references that they had. In any scene where there was a reference - something was mistaken for drug taking when it wasn't really the case at all.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

No, i know there was no drug taking in the Scooby movie, that's why i called them "hints" and i know Scooby was a 70's thing, I just feel there should be more anti drug "Dare" things on TV and movies for kids, like the all star Cartoon specail that was made in like 1989-1990 or something, they should really re-air that if they can.
One of the best cartoon television specials of ALL time.

I kinda liked the Lola Bunny idea. Although, I didn't really care for the character so much. You're right, though. Bugs' girlfriend WOULD be a starlet. I just hope in the next movie they bring out more of that. In the cartoon, Bugs was recognized as a big celebrity. In the movie? Bugs is just known as a second rate cartoon character. That's one thing that bugged (no pun intended) me alot.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Bugs is just known as a second rate cartoon character.
Biting my tounge. That is so far from the truth. :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think what he means is that Bugs isn't used as much any more.

I SO wish the different companies would begin releasing shorts at the start of films again, like they did in the old days.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think what he means is that Bugs isn't used as much any more.
Yeah I think Scooter was just refering to Bugs Bunny in Space Jam, not his whole history.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I LOVE ALL THOSE MOVIES!!! I LIKED THEM THE WAY THEY ARE!!! Please don't get mad or mean. I just like those movies. I liked Scooby Doo. Hated Scrappy Doo. What about all those characters on Sesame Street that we loved and they stop using them. Do you think they cared about what people care? Hey don't like the movies don't watch them. Just wait for the TV or rent them. I't kind of harsh to put down movies that know one likes. How would you like it if someone said and I quote "I don't like any muppet movies! I think they could of done something better like had peolpe play them instead of puppets. You can't make puppets do anything with out messing up." How would you fell? I would fell bad about myself. Thanks for your time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This forum is a place to express different views. It should be encouraged, not chastised as long as members are civil to each other. How can you know if you're going to like a movie before you see it anyway?

I agree that they should bring some of the classic Sesame characters back. The Workshop made the decision to slim down the cast to make it easier for kids to learn. I don't see how that works, but if it does I guess I'm for it. It's just sad to see any Muppet disappear.