Big News for Disney DVD

wolfy

Reaction score
Okay, while I love the mythology and so forth, how the heck do you "mate" with a cloud and produce offspring?

This is new to me!

Although if I remember my mythology right, Zeus did come to someone as "a showery fountain of gold" once, and a black swan and other strange things, and had one of his daughters born, full-grown?, by having his brother hit him on the head with a hammer when he had a severe headache (his head split open and out popped his daughter, so would this mean that you can tell your daughters they definitely cause you "splitting headaches?")...

Those Greeks and Romans had some strange stories about how their gods came about, but boy, are they fun!

Gonzo...quit chasing that pink cloud! You don't know where it's been!
wolfy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
great "Daddy Byron" you've got the whole neighborhood doing that.......

Sarah

wait till the PTA gets a hold of you!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Okay, while I love the mythology and so forth, how the heck do you "mate" with a cloud and produce offspring?

This is new to me!

Although if I remember my mythology right, Zeus did come to someone as "a showery fountain of gold" once, and a black swan and other strange things, and had one of his daughters born, full-grown?, by having his brother hit him on the head with a hammer when he had a severe headache (his head split open and out popped his daughter, so would this mean that you can tell your daughters they definitely cause you "splitting headaches?")...
LOL, good point, wolfy---I wonder if that's where the phrase "splitting headache" came from??? Good question! :smile:

And yep, it was Athena---Zeus's mate at the time was mentioned in a prophesy that her son would be greater than his father, so to prevent that, Zeus tricked Metis (the chic) into turnin' into a fly, sayin' he bet she couldn't, and she swallowed him---but she was already pregnant with Athena. Thus Athena was "born" from Zeus's head, split open by an axe either by the Titan Prometheus or by his son Hephaestus (God of the Forge), and she claimed no female parentage; she was strictly "Daddy's girl". :flirt:

As for the showery fountain of gold, that's how he appeared to and made love with Danae, the mother of Perseus, and he transformed himself and Leda into swans, who produced Helen ("the fact that launched a thousand ships") and one of the twins Castor and Polydeuces (or "Pollux"---one was immortal, the other was not).

But matin' with a cloud---who knows? But it can be done---after all, in Greek mythology, stranger things have happened!

Really!

They have!

:wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
*runs off to go practice mating with clouds*
:embarrassed: <----*Attempting the same, Foz is now getting confused around smokers and meteorologists...*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
and the weather for today....hey WAIT! what is that on Nexrad?

TURN OFF THE TOWER CAM!

Sarah

wolfy

Reaction score
While all this has me giggling and so forth, did anyone happen to watch the finale of "Law & Order" last night?

If so, did you catch the reference to the mythology we have been talking about?

The lady who ran her husband over with the car stated that she didn't want to be "Leda" anymore to his "Zeus" - then she told a story about how Zeus came down in a shower of gold, and then how he was a black swan and made love to her...then she said, "Do you know that swans are the most vicious birds there are? Well, they are..."

It just struck me funny at the time. Sorry...just that "muppety" connection...
wolfy