Big News for Disney DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
duplicate post... how did that happen????

whydah

Reaction score
I thought it had something to do with black centaurs polishing the hooves of the others as well, but I flat out hated Fantasia, so what little bits of trivia I have remembered could easily be quite wrong... :smile:

-L

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Leonard Maltin got away with releasing controversial (by today's standards) Mickey cartoons in the Walt Disney Treasures by providing an introduction as something of a disclaimer to put the times in perspective. That's all you really need to do with any of these edited Disney (or Warners) cartoons that have been edited for content or left to collect dust on account of the fact that people's minds are limited and can't grasp that times change as the decades pass.
Sorry to dredge something up from 10 days ago...

But I just found the Mickey In Color Walt Disney Treasures DVD, and I'm loving it. I often say I'm anti-Disney, but that's not necessarily true. I love classic Disney, and I'm loving these cartoons. I want them to bring out a Donald one (they haven't yet, right), and I'm picking up the Goofy. Great classic stuff that I haven't seen since I was a pup.

If you see these, grab them. They're excellent.

That's all.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:halo:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I want them to bring out a Donald one (they haven't yet, right), and I'm picking up the Goofy.
You're in luck as The Chronological Donald, Volume One comes out this December! Better Luck finding The Complete Goofy though as I can't find it *anywhere* around here :frown:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hooves and nipples

ARRRRRGH!

I SOOOOO wanted to be the first one to give an unkown fact, but "wydah" beat me to it---and he/she doesn't even appreciate "Fantasia"! :mad:

Anyway, yeah, there was footage of the black centaurs polishin' the hooves of the white centaurs, and that was edited out. :smile:

There, I said it anyway. :stick_out_tongue:

As for nipples, the censors went ballistic over the bare-beasted centaurettes (which were, by the by, invented by Disney---only male centaurs existed in mythology, "centaurettes" were non-existent until Disney made 'em up) in the Pastoral segment---and made 'em cover 'em up---but they were just fine with bare-breasted female demons in the "Night on Bald Mountain" segment. :rolleyes:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Re: Hooves and nipples

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
[centaurettes (which were, by the by, invented by Disney---only male centaurs existed in mythology, "centaurettes" were non-existent until Disney made 'em up)
So.....where do baby centaurs come from, Daddy ?

:confused:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Hooves and nipples

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
bare-breasted female demons in the "Night on Bald Mountain" segment.
Yep, there's bare-breasted fairies in The Nutcracker Suite too. That's 3 segments in Fantasia with boobage... who wouldn't likey?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: Hooves and nipples

Originally posted by Gonzo
So.....where do baby centaurs come from, Daddy ?

:confused:
Wait, I can't be yer daddy if yer my half-uncle...boy, this incestuous mythology stuff sure gets odd...

*sits Little Quinn on lap and bounces him on hairy knee*

Anyway, "son", here ya go:

"The Centaurs lived on Mount Pelion in Thessaly, fed on meat, and were creatures of brutal and lascivious habits, except Chiron, who was gentle and wise and acted as tutor to many of the Greek heroes.

So, where did they come from, Little Quinn?

Well, it all starts with the Ixion, the first man to stain his hands with a kinsman's blood. He promised his father-in-law-to-be a a large bride-price, and invited him to collect it. But he treacherously dug a pit filled with burning coals and trapped the man, who duly fell into it and perished. :cry:

Nobody would perform the rites of purification for such an unprecedented crime, until Zeus took pity on Ixion---perhaps because Zeus loved his wife---and invited him to Olympus for the ceremony, giving him a place at the table of the gods. :smile:

But, Little Quinn, things quickly turned ugly...Ixion tried to seduce Zeus's wife Hera. She complained to Zeus, and he, to test Ixion, made a cloud which resembled her in every detail. With this cloud, Ixion commited adultery. Zeus caught him in the act and codemned him to spend eternity in Tartarus, bound to a fiery, winged, four-spoked wheel which revolved everlastingly. :attitude:

The cloud, whose name was Nephele, brought forth a monstrous son, Centaurus, who mated with the wild mares of Mount Pelion in Magnesia and begot the race of centaurs. Some say, though, Little Quinn, that the centaurs were the offspring of Ixion's union with Nephele the cloud-Hera herself. :embarrassed:

Now the centaurs were involved in some dreadfully horrid events and were eventually driven out of Thessaly altogether, and one was even responsible for the death of Hercules...but those are other stories for other times, me lad..."

*sets Quinn off knee and onto floor, pats his sandy blonde head*

Gonzo

Reaction score
Gosh, Dad, you're the BEST !

*runs off to go practice mating with clouds*

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
*chuckles approvingly*

Wellllllllllllllll, just don't tell your mother I tell you these li'l stories, now... :wink: