Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Beauregard

Reaction score
He didn't wear his collar in that scene? *stunned* Wow, seriously, that is a huge find! I can't beleive how many generations of Muppet fans have missed that fact...just wait till the fan-fiction writers get a hold of this...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
Now, if you can answer two things about TMM, that'd be really awesome! I watched it recently and noticed during the dinner scene with Miss Piggy and Rowlf, Kermit isn't wearing his green collar! It's a lot more noticeable on the up-close shots. Why wasn't he wearing his collar in those scenes? I thought the collar was supposed to be like skin, or permanently attached to his body.
Kermit originally didn't have his color, and even after he got it, he occassionally didn't wear it, and often mentioned that it is a collar. His collar got stolen in the Crystal Gayle episode of The Muppet Show, and in one Muppet comic strip, Robin and his friends wear all of Kermit's collars around their waistes. Kermit mentioned that it was a collar in the Gladys Knight episode, and in The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street, Grover mentions that he is a frog "with a collar, but no shirt".

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
Hi, WOE, or Earl!

Now, if you can answer two things about TMM, that'd be really awesome! I watched it recently and noticed during the dinner scene with Miss Piggy and Rowlf, Kermit isn't wearing his green collar! It's a lot more noticeable on the up-close shots. Why wasn't he wearing his collar in those scenes? I thought the collar was supposed to be like skin, or permanently attached to his body.

Also, about Big Bird in the film. Carroll Spinney did in fact play him, but in the scene where Kermit and Fozzie encounter him on the road. Now, he told them he was heading out to New York to break into television, yet ends up in Hollywood at the end of the movie for the final scene. Is this considered a plot hole or did he change his mind and head west instead? :stick_out_tongue:

Okay, one more thing, I promise! In one of the pages back, you mentioned you were attending the San Diego Comic Con. You know? I've been going to that since 1994, PLUS have attended Mark's voice actor panel every time he has one! If you're going to the Comic Con this year, I'd like to meet you! Some friends and I are doing a cosplaying ensemble on Saturday. I won't reveal what it is, but we've been working hard at getting these costumes to look good!
I'm afraid your first two questions could only really be answered by people that are no longer with us. If I had to make an educated guess, though, I would say Kermit's lack of pointy collar was an artistic decision, since all that would have been visible inside his shirt was a different color material.

And my guess on the second question is that, at some point, I bet he made a wrong turn and wound up going the wrong way, ending up in Hollywood with the others.

As far as Comic-Con goes, yes, I will be there again. In fact, look at this.
Scroll down below the two pictures to where it says, "And more news:". I should also be at Mark's voice panel, although I don't know if I will have anything to do with it this year. Hope to see you there!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if Big Bird travels the way Woodstock, another yellow bird, travels then the "wrong way" theory would definitely work.

That, plus he's 6 and usually 6 year olds have bad direction skills anyways. That's why they trip over flat floors!

Heh heh...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Or maybe it was Big Birds' long lost cousin, Schmig Bird.

Eh? Eh? :big_grin:

I apologize.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I'm afraid your first two questions could only really be answered by people that are no longer with us. If I had to make an educated guess, though, I would say Kermit's lack of pointy collar was an artistic decision, since all that would have been visible inside his shirt was a different color material.

And my guess on the second question is that, at some point, I bet he made a wrong turn and wound up going the wrong way, ending up in Hollywood with the others.
Great answers! Thanks for doing that!

Was Once Ernie said:
As far as Comic-Con goes, yes, I will be there again. In fact, look at this.
Scroll down below the two pictures to where it says, "And more news:". I should also be at Mark's voice panel, although I don't know if I will have anything to do with it this year. Hope to see you there!
Oh, a Pinky and the Brain/Animaniacs panel for the new DVDs! Awesome! And it starts at 4? I'll just be getting out of a panel, so I'll be able to make it! At 2-3:30 is a WB panel that's going to feature a trailer for the new Ninja Turtles movie and director, Kevin Munroe, is going to be there. My friends and I HAVE to see it! And then comes the other panel with you and the others. I've known Rob, Mo and Jess for several years, but I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Peter Hastings, Gordon Bressack, and Andrea Romano! Can't believe Preview Night is ONE week away! :excited:

Reaction score
I loved reading this as well. It's the little things, behind the scenes, that make the movie more exciting to watch each time.

Thanks! :smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thanks for slogging through the whole thread! At times it's gotten a bit off topic, but there is still plenty of good information in it.

:stick_out_tongue: