Are Statler and Waldorf friends or brothers?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
a while ago I figured out possible ages for the muppets just for fun, what I came up with for Statler and Waldorf is that in the 70s on the Muppet Show, they could have been in their 50s, and had makeup and wigs make them appear older for the show, so they'd be in their 80s now. (kinda like what they did for Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, you know she was actually very young in real life)

David French

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Astoria is Statlers Sister

why do u ask these questions
I'm afraid there is no evidence to back this up at all. Certainly Astoria looks like Statler, BUT we were never told onscreen that this is Statler's sister.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
David French said:
I'm afraid there is no evidence to back this up at all. Certainly Astoria looks like Statler, BUT we were never told onscreen that this is Statler's sister.
Thank you David, that's what I was trying to say. pretty much.

Really it's just a joke they did on the Muppet Show, that Waldorf's wife looks like Statler. Sadly I guess some of us (Kimp) can't see the humor in it.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
And where the H*** did you get that information? :rolleyes: :smirk:
Barry people around here are thinking that because Waldorf is married to Astoria, who looks like Statler, she must be Statler's sister.

People can't seem to understand the joke about that.

Once agian there is nothing backing up that Statler and Astoria are brother and sister. Meaning that Statler and Waldorf are not, I repeat are not, btother in laws.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Astoria

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I don't think it was ever said. I always assummed they were just friends.