Anything Exciting For Muppets In 2007?

Teheheman

Reaction score
The only reason that I believe Disney bought the Muppet franchise is to make money off of them, now that they don't see a need to make money off of them anymore, they figure that they'll shelf them til an anniversary comes up like the Muppets 50th or Kermit's 50th, then they'll whore em out to the public in special edition packs or something to make more money out of it. People are talking that it's the new guys fault, I say what did Eisner do to the Muppets? I mean, all that was done was 3 bad movies(ok, 2 bad movies and one of the best Xmas specials EVER). I say that the Hensons should have sold them to WB or to Dreamworks. I'm pretty sure that they would have done more with them in the first place. But, that's my opinion, take it if you will, I'm going into my own little corner and laugh about Xtreme Pooh.

Daniel

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
Does anyone know of ANY Muppet or Muppet related things to be excited about?
Here are just some of the upcoming things that we know about right now:
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season" - September 2006
  • "My Life as a Furry Red Monster" by Kevin Clash (book) - September 2006
  • "A Frog's Life" by Kermit the Frog (book) - September 2006
  • "Sesame Street: Old School (1969-1974) DVD Box set" - October 2006
  • "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" (DVD) - November, 2006
  • "Sesame Beginnings: Exploring Together" (DVD) – November, 2006
  • "Return to the Labyrinth" Volumes 2 & 3 (graphic novels) – expected 2007
  • "Late Night Buffet with Augie and Del" (TV series) - hopeful for early 2007
  • "Legends of the Dark Crystal" (graphic novel) - March 2007
  • "’C’ Is for Cooking" (book) – April 2007
  • "The Muppet Show: Season 2" (DVD) – expected spring 2007
  • "Sesame Street: Season 38" (TV series) – fall 2007
  • "Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season" (DVD) – hopeful for fall 2007
  • "Frances"(TV/DVD series) – expected 2007/2008
  • "Sesame Street: Season 39" (TV series) – fall 2008
  • Untitled Fraggle Rock Film - expected 2007/2008
  • "Power of the Dark Crystal" (film) – expected 2008
  • Untitled Dark Crystal TV series – expected 2008

MWoO

Reaction score
So basically all Disney has planned is the release of a box set next year.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
As far as the cruise goes. Only 4 puppeteers will participate. Three are current Muppeteers, two of which are Victor Yerrid and Drew Massey performing many of the famous Muppet characters other than just Statler and Waldorf.

One established Muppeteer will be performing Kermit (it wouldn't be fair to him to reveal his name on this forum.) But it's not Steve.

And from the huge Disney/MHC audition that was done in the USA and Canada last year,
only ONE individual was picked.

Yep... just ONE.

-----------------------------------------------

Also... there's talk of a possible Sesame Christmas special. But not confirmed yet.

----------------------------------------------
Also the Henson family would like Muppet fans to vote for "It's Not Easy being Green"
as the 'Book of the Year" at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737550/
It's on the right side column half way down the page.

Thanks

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
*votes*

You should start a topic about that poll, I think it would get more people to vote. I love that book, it blew me out of the water when I read it.

MWoO

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
As far as the cruise goes. Only 4 puppeteers will participate. Three are current Muppeteers, two of which are Victor Yerrid and Drew Massey performing many of the famous Muppet characters other than just Statler and Waldorf.

One will be performing Kermit (it wouldn't be fair to him to reveal his name on this forum.) But it's not Steve.

And from the huge Disney/MHC audition that was done in the USA and Canada last year,
only ONE individual was picked.

Yep... just ONE.

-----------------------------------------------

Also... there's talk of a possible Sesame Christmas special. But not confirmed yet.

----------------------------------------------
Also the Henson family would like Muppet fans to vote for "It's Not Easy being Green"
as the 'Book of the Year" at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737550/
It's on the right side column half way down the page.

Thanks
Why would it be unfair to say who Kermit will be played by? I really want to know, especially if it is an established Muppeteer.

I would assume Victor Yerrid and Drew Massey will be doing Statler and Waldorf, and one of them will do his Sam and ANimal, which actually aren't that bad. I'm ok with the guy who does Sam and Animal since there haven't been enough productioins to really establish new performers for them. I do have a problem with someone else doing Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, and Gonzo since these characters do have established new performers, and in Gonzo's case the same performer.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I think it would be unfair because we'd immediately start harping on that person, and, well, that's just not very nice.