1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Anything Exciting For Muppets In 2007?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Aug 28, 2006.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I voted! Pretty cool site. Also I entered the contest that came up on the next page after voting.
  2. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Thanks for showing us the poll!(KermieBaby ziffled(spelling?) me)
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Says who?

Arey ou saying that all the new performers should be kept secret because people on a fan site might not like the change? That's just dumb.
  4. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I can only imagine the stress Steve Whitmire had to go through when he started doing Kermit. If the internet had been around back then, lots of fans would have been critical of Steve's early performances back then.

Now that another Muppeteer has a chance to play Kermit for a few weeks. It's best not to add to his stress level as he takes on this role.

However in weeks to come, (if not days), I'm sure someone else on here might reveal who he is.
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

So then lets not list credits for any performer ever again. Perhaps back when AVMMC came out Eric's name should have been taken off the movie, because some people might say they didn't like it. Perhaps no one should have told us then ames of the movies.com guys, because some people here don't like them. Honestly, this is ridiculous. No one can even say if they like the performance or not since no one can see it without going on the cruise,

Just plain stupid.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So some Sesame dvds, a couple of fantasy worlds graphic novels, and not much else in 2007...mmm.

You know folks, if I would have started a poll, say three years ago when the mouse bought the Muppets...and I said "How many people think that by 2007 the Muppet franchise will be flatlined?" I wonder how many would have raised their hands.

*hopefully* soon we'll be pleasantly surprised with some earth shattering news. I just wish Jim Hill would get the latest scoop on just what the heck is going on.
  7. Cherrymoon

Cherrymoon New Member

If he has the information he has every right to keep it to himself.
    He is not saying one should never reveal who a preformer is, but doing kermit has got to be very stressful. More than I think any other muppet. All he is trying to do is give the guy a little breathing room.
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Umm...the only movies that the Muppets have done since the JHC sold them to Disney is The Muppets Wizard of Oz. MCC and MTI were in association with Disney but still under the Henson company
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Disney never owned the Muppets until last year.
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Uh no Bry... The buyout of the Muppets by Disney was done in 2004. It just wasn't finalized until 2005.
    Hope this helps.
  11. A sesame christmas carol? You mean the sesame characters doing a version of the christmas carol like the muppets? I think that may be interesting.
  12. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

The Dark Crystal TV series might be based on the manga series, they do that some times.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow, those two new Sesame Street DVD's for 2006 sound great, but now we have to wait to fall for all new seasons from now on? That sucks! Now April (other than Easter) is a meaningless month!
  14. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

He may have the right to keep it to himnself, but that doesn't mean I have to like or agree with the reason. And Kermit isn't stressful for anyone after Steve. It's hard to be the guy after the guy, but easy to be theg uy after the guy after the guy.
  15. D'Snowth

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that I had an extreme pooh this morning!
  16. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

And it should be noted that none of the cruise performers are the main guys. With no productions happening I doubt they were busy.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Unless youe talking about pooh Bear, thank you for sharing:confused:
  18. D'Snowth

You are most welcome!:)
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

20. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

not really