Anyone miss The Electric Company?

Katzi428

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
Was there a little skit where a girl with curly hair (think Nellie Olsen) was singing some weird song about her nephew Alphonso? Am I thinking of the right show?
Yeah HarveyK...you're thinking of the right show :smile:
The little girl with the hair a la Nellie Oleson was played by Rita Moreno & she was demonstrationg the "ph" sound.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
I'm so glad somebody has brought up THE ELECTRIC COMPANY. It would be so cool to see either a remake of the series on PBS, or at least old episodes airing again, or at least on DVD. It's funny how we see some of the alumni today in serious roles, like Rita Moreno in the gritty HBO series "Oz", or Morgan Freeman in lord knows how many dramas, and we forget how funny they each were on The Electric Company. Hearing Rita Morenos' loud gravely voiced "Hey, you Guys!!!", at the start of each show was brilliant. Morgan Freeman as the Vampire or Easy Reader, equally brilliant. I tell my little girl about the old Fargo North Decoder skits, and she learns proper puntuation from the skits I remember. Many of the animated pieces were also shown on Sesame Street, and yes, crossovers from Sesame Street happened several times. What a great show. Thanks for starting this great thread and bringing back some excellent memories.
www.puppetsntuff.com

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember having this weird dream about Paul The Gorilla.I was walking down the street in my nieghborhood,on a bright sunny day,when out of the blue,Paul appeared.He was moving like he was on rollerskates.Weird eh?Then again,dreams don't have to make sense.One other thing I might add,was as a child,having not seen a real gorilla yet,I actually thought real gorillas looked just like Paul.Then I remember seeing a film segment on Sesame Street that took place at a local zoo.At one point they showed a real gorilla.