Anyone miss The Electric Company?

Katzi428

Reaction score
I LOVED TEC! :smile: The Short Circus was really great.
I just wish it was on nowadays. I used to volunteer in a school helping kids in 1st & 2nd grade read. The Electric Company would've helped those kids a lot!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Not only did Joan Rivers do the narration on "The Adventures of Letterman", but Letterman himself was voiced by Gene Wilder. He didn't say that much, though. Sometimes his only line was "I'm Letterman", which came after Joan's "It's a word! It's a plan!" shpiel.

And Mel Brooks was the voice of the cartoon character with curly hair and black hat whose catch phrase was: "Who's the dummy writing this show?"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I LOVED TEC! :smile: The Short Circus was really great.
I just wish it was on nowadays. I used to volunteer in a school helping kids in 1st & 2nd grade read. The Electric Company would've helped those kids a lot!
well you do have Between The Lions on PBS

Katzi428

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
well you do have Between The Lions on PBS
Yes Mike I know. But somehow TEC seemed like it was more educational than BTL is today

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Yes Mike I know. But somehow TEC seemed like it was more educational than BTL is today
i'm not trying to be pushy and i have watched the show many times. what is it they're not doing that TEC did in it's time? i do know BTL aims at a younger auduence compared to what TEC did in it's time.

Katzi428

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i'm not trying to be pushy and i have watched the show many times. what is it they're not doing that TEC did in it's time? i do know BTL aims at a younger auduence compared to what TEC did in it's time.
Maybe they're sort of the same except they use puppets in BTL (I've taken a couple of "sneak-peeks at BTL) :embarrassed:

Censored

Reaction score
TEC actually did have a couple of puppets. There was a marionette of a chicken and Maurice, Pedro's rabid plant.