1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone miss The Electric Company?

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by jeffkjoe, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I LOVED TEC! :) The Short Circus was really great.
    I just wish it was on nowadays. I used to volunteer in a school helping kids in 1st & 2nd grade read. The Electric Company would've helped those kids a lot!
  2. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

And Mel Brooks was the voice of the cartoon character with curly hair and black hat whose catch phrase was: "Who's the dummy writing this show?"
  3. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

well you do have Between The Lions on PBS
  5. Katzi428

Yes Mike I know. But somehow TEC seemed like it was more educational than BTL is today
  6. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

is btl from seseame workshop
  7. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i'm not trying to be pushy and i have watched the show many times. what is it they're not doing that TEC did in it's time? i do know BTL aims at a younger auduence compared to what TEC did in it's time.
  9. Katzi428

Maybe they're sort of the same except they use puppets in BTL (I've taken a couple of "sneak-peeks at BTL) :o
  10. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

TEC actually did have a couple of puppets. There was a marionette of a chicken and Maurice, Pedro's rabid plant.
  11. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Between the Lions has good intentions, but it just doesn't have the same wit and class as The Electric Company.

I'm sorry if you were too young to grow up with this masterpiece.
  12. Katzi428

I grew up with The Electric Company.And yes...you're right Jeff...BTL doesn't have the same things that The Electric Company had
  13. Katzi428

That's right ...they did.I forgot.
  14. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

They also had Paul the Gorilla, but he wasn't a puppet, but was sort of like their "version" of Big Bird.
  15. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Yes, he was usually in the skits with "Jennifer Of The Jungle."
  16. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I've only seen clips of TEC on "I Love the 70's" on VH1. Even saw the opening credits.

You know,I was at Borders today and I was looking through some CD's in the "E" section and I came across one for a band called "Electric Company".
  17. Jacqueline Ebbs

Jacqueline Ebbs New Member

Hey You Guys!!!!!

The Electric Company ROCKED!!! I think it was aiming for a slightly older group of children when it was on. It taught mostly phonetics and grammar concepts whereby Sesame Street was merely teaching you the alphabet and numbers.

But the cast of the show - WOW!!!! You had Rita Morino, Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman! Even Irene Cara was a member of the Short Circus for some time.

It was an invaluable tool for learning too.
  18. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

I could very well be mistaken,but wasn't Stevie Wonder occasionally on The Electric Company as well?
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

no he wasn't a regular.
  20. HarveyK

HarveyK New Member

Flashback

Was there a little skit where a girl with curly hair (think Nellie Olsen) was singing some weird song about her nephew Alphonso? Am I thinking of the right show?