Anyone miss The Electric Company?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I would figure that with so many classic SESAME fans, there'd have to be ELECTRIC COMPANY fans that go hand in hand?

Am I right?

And is it just me, or does your memory sometimes blur which cartoons or skits were on SESAME or TEC?

fatblue

Reaction score
Yeah, I do, I have to be honest. I was more a SS fan though. But I had a crush on that blonde from the Short Circut LOL!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I loved The Electric Company.I think my favourite characters would be Janet Of The Jungle and her companion Paul The Gorilla.I still have a book called"The Electric Company Nitty Gritty Rhyming Riddle Book"from 1973.I also liked how the show included a live action version of Spider Man,and occasionally showed it's own Road Runner cartoons.Speaking of which,there is a special Electric Company website where you can view the actual openning and closing credit scenes from the show's first five seasons.You can also view some old cartoon segments from the show,including four Road Runner cartoons.Just type"The Electric Company CTW",and then click onto"The Electric Company".

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I loved The Electric Company.I think my favourite characters would be Janet Of The Jungle and her companion Paul The Gorilla.I still have a book called"The Electric Company Nitty Gritty Rhyming Riddle Book"from 1973.I also liked how the show included a live action version of Spider Man,and occasionally showed it's own Road Runner cartoons.Speaking of which,there is a special Electric Company website where you can view the actual openning and closing credit scenes from the show's first five seasons.You can also view some old cartoon segments from the show,including four Road Runner cartoons.Just type"The Electric Company CTW",and then click onto"The Electric Company".

If you're talking about the website with the Digital Archive of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY, it's no longer there....Sesame Workshop forced them to take it down with a cease and desist letter.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i seem to ether remeber a show or caracters on a show calle dthe alphbet gang they were puppets and they each wore a shirt with a letter of the alphabet on it and there names would be that letter i think

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
If you're talking about the website with the Digital Archive of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY, it's no longer there....Sesame Workshop forced them to take it down with a cease and desist letter.

I liked the electric company. The Spiderman skits were cool. It sucks that Sesame Workshop did that.
How sad. The devil really does rule this world.
I don't remember Wonderworks.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed myself to hear that news too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it's nice you all rememebr TEC but i think we should reserve this section for Classic SS and talk about TEC and theother PBS in the General Discussion Board. i have another PBS program mentioned there.

pennyring

Reaction score
I wasn't allowed to watch Electric Company. Guess it was too freaky deaky for my parents or something. :shrugs: The only eps I've seen were on Noggin.