Animaniacs

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. The second one was a fire truck. The other one was all three of them on a roller skate. I had both... emphasis on had. Now I just can't find the things.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The show had some brilliant plans for Brain and it did have it's fair share of actually funny bits. What really bugs me isn't so much Elmyra, but their portrayal of Bill Nye the Science Guy as an effeminate moron was kinda Didn't do the Research to the point of insulting. The problem with the show was that there actually were pretty good concepts that went nowhere, a failure to connect Elmyra to Tiny Toons in any way, I guess that they didn't want to make Furball Elmyra's cat because they wanted something more sinister... and let's face it, Furball was so sympathetic that it backfired on the Tiny Toons writers. Check out any one of the video games... they actually make Sweety the villain. But replacing all the other characters killed some potential. Imagine Monty in the show instead of Rudy. Not to mention the secret organization trying to find Brain they used in... like one episode.

But I did love the episode where Brain has a show on an OBVIOUS parody of Kid's WB, including the "stars" or their "Sitcoms" introducing shows on the commercial bumpers.

it's not so much a bad show as a total waste.
Don't forget "Mr. Brain's Neighborhood" with Pinky the Unstinky! :laugh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That's the one, I think. I can't remember since they only aired that once, and I can't find that one on youtube.

Funny thing is, they already did a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood parody with Pinky and the Brain in the comic book series.

Hayley B

Reaction score
All I remember were Happy Meal toys just for the Warners. I don't remember the others having one too?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, you know what? Now that I think of it, I think I actually had a majority of the second series at one point or another as a kid... I remember now the Buttons and Mindy toy, the Pinky and the Brain toy, and I think I may have even had the Slappy Squirrel one too.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Even though Animaniacs may not be coming back, something else is.
I'm honestly surprised at this. No word on when it will be back though. Hopefully by this fall. I'm super excited about this, and this is probably the best thing that Nickelodeon has done in years! Sorry about it being off-topic, it's just super excited for big Rugrats fans!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, you know what? Now that I think of it, I think I actually had a majority of the second series at one point or another as a kid... I remember now the Buttons and Mindy toy, the Pinky and the Brain toy, and I think I may have even had the Slappy Squirrel one too.
I know I definitely have Flavio and Marita in the second assortment. I have that thing lying around in plain sight somewhere. I have several of those in various places, but I know exactly where that one is.

I only have one of the Wendy's ones. Thankfully it was the good one. The one with Wakko's head.

Even though Animaniacs may not be coming back, something else is.
Ehhhh....

That said, Keep an eye out for the new Disney Preschool series based on the 7 Dwarfs. A lot of Animaniacs writing staff is attached to it.

Other than that, I don't see Animaniacs coming back anytime soon. Everyone has moved on to other projects.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Ehhhh....

That said, Keep an eye out for the new Disney Preschool series based on the 7 Dwarfs. A lot of Animaniacs writing staff is attached to it.

Other than that, I don't see Animaniacs coming back anytime soon. Everyone has moved on to other projects.
Whoa! What?! This is the first I'm hearing about this. It sounds awesome! :big_grin:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
The only reason I DON'T wanna see Animaniacs come back is because I KNOW they would ruin it.