Animaniacs

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Yes. this isn't Muppets, but not everything here is. I was wondering if there are any Animaniacs fans on here other than myself and if any of them remember it being on Nick.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember when Cartoon Network added them to their lineup in the summer of 1998, they made a tremendous deal out of it, they had countless promos of them invading other cartoons, not to mention sometimes even during regular programming, they'd have them run across the bottom of the screen at random.

I think when it comes to cartoons of the 90s, ANIMANIACS is probably one of the best and well-known representatives of that decade of animation, it was clear, clever, sharp, and hilarious, and the various different segments on rotation kept it fresh and interesting... they don't make cartoons like that anymore.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
No they don't. I wasn't even born during it's original run, I was born one year later. I remember seeing it on Nickelodeon. In fact I think they shortened the intro. It was something like this.

It's Time for Animaniacs
And We're Zany to the Max.
So just sit back and Relax, There's Baloney in our slacks!
We're An-i-many! Totally Insaney!
Dot: Nickelany!
Animaniacs! Those are the facts!

The lyrics might be off a little, since I haven't seen that intro in like 3 or 4 years, but I think they are mostly correct.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I remember Tiny Toon Adventures being on Nickelodeon. But I did grow up watching Animaniacs on Kids WB, along with both of its Pinky and The Brain spinoffs.

The good thing is that Animaniacs has been airing on The Hub since January 7 2013.
The bad thing is that I haven't seen any of the Minerva Mink cartoons yet.

It's great to watch this on a consistant basis and enjoy my old classic favorites again.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yes, Animaniacs did air on Nickelodeon for a period.. from about 2001 till 2003 if I recall correctly. They aired all the Spielberg/WB cartoons for a while. Now that's in the past but Animaniacs is on The Hub now for your enjoyment.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I always loved Animaniacs as a kid! It's been a while, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy it today! Best cartoon that I grew up watching.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think when it comes to cartoons of the 90s, ANIMANIACS is probably one of the best and well-known representatives of that decade of animation, it was clear, clever, sharp, and hilarious, and the various different segments on rotation kept it fresh and interesting... they don't make cartoons like that anymore.
I'm glad they don't. We'd have nothing but subpar Animaniacs knockoffs that wouldn't be half as good. Animaniacs was a unique show, even though the new Casper and Quack Pack kinda stole their schtick, though I loved that version of Casper. There's a lot of what made this cartoon special, but the one thing that can't be recreated? You simply can't do heavy pop culture humor anymore because Shrek and the Scary Movie type movies ruined it for everyone else! Disaster Movie might as well have been called, "Every movie coming out in the last year or so that we didn't even bother watching the trailers for The Movie." Cartoons have to go out of their way to not be pop culture heavy, and they have to be extremely subtle all because of those terrible Friedberg and Seltzer films killing pop culture humor.

That said, they also don't make cartoons like The Smurfs anymore... why? because they made shows just like the Smurfs all through the 80's. Ever see Bisketts? I finally did and was horribly disappointed.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I've been so happy that The Hub has been airing Animaniacs. I so do miss that show. Back when Animaniacs first aired. I think I was in my mid teens. My first favorite was Wakko. I just adored his accent and thought he was too cute. But then I also loved Yakko. Especially when he sang Nations of the World (Yakko's World). I love geography so much. What I'm trying to say is that they were hard to pick from, from the start as a favorite. So now I just say I love them both.

I also love the song Schinitzelbank.

Recently, I feel that I have brought my fandom up a notch. I have been able to find some of the voice overs of this show on Twitter & Facebook. Especially Rob Paulsen (voice of Yakko, Pinky, & Dr. Scratchansniff).

Speaking of Rob Paulsen and while this is still being related to Animaniacs. Rob just did show on his podcast (Talkin' Toons) about Animaniacs. He did an Q&A for them. I took a little part in asking the questions. I have to admit. My first question is pretty stupid. But I can explain what I meant, directly to you. But hey, I got him sing. :smile:

If you like to hear that Talkin' Toons Podcast of him talking about Animaniacs. Here you go: http://www.ustream.tv/robpaulsenlive#/recorded/29782949 Hope it works.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
All I can say about this show is "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFF!!!!!!"

Hayley B

Reaction score
The bad thing is that I haven't seen any of the Minerva Mink cartoons yet.
I've seen atleast two episodes of her since they've beeb airing it on The Hub. I don't think they made alot of episodes of her.